Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My trip to Japan

In this post I will talk a bit about the things I did in Japan with my family. It was such a good time and of course I also took many photos. I hope to return to Japan soon, since there are still so many things that I want to do.^^

Day 1 
Wednesday, 27th August 2014
Our flight was over Istanbul (where we stayed 3 days and which is a very beautiful city), so we were very exhausted when we arrived in Tokyo. Adding to that I couldn't sleep on the flight and the time difference didn't help.. So yeah, this day we weren't doing much. We went to our Hotel and explored the area a bit (our hotel was in Tamachi). I found a Tsutaya shop, saw the new AKB48 CD and just had to buy it, haha. We then went to a park where we found this little beautiful shrine:


And we were able to see the Tokyo Tower (will show you more about that later).


But then we returned to out rooms and went to sleep very early.

Day 2
Thursday, 28th August 2014
This day we went to Ueno. From there we walked to Asakusa. On the way were many, many , MANY pachinko play halls and there were AKB48 advertisements for the new Team Surprise:


I was a bit fangirling everytime there, it was still so unexpected to see AKB48 things on the streets.^^


I actually really like these Japanese streets with many shops and stuff. Sadly it began to rain after a while, so we bought Japanese umbrella's.. Which is cool, since they are see-through, so you can still see the buildings:


So of course we kept the umbrella's. xD
We finally arrived in Asakusa at the Kaminarimon:


This big gate was really impressive and we went through it to the Senso-ji, Tokyo's oldest buddhism Temple.




The street leading to the Senso-ji was filled with little shops where you could by souvenirs. Everywhere were tourists, even many foreigners (probably the most I saw bunched together in Japan, except for the Kyoto palace). The temple itself was very beautiful. It was still raining but it was a nice experience nevertheless.

We then went to Akihabara by train. I was in Akihabara 3 years ago, but I didn't really know ABK at that time, so I was very happy to be close to the most important things. And I wasn't prepared for the AKB awesomeness that awaited me.


First of all the AKB48 Café & Shop. We weren't in the Café (but I want to do it sometime!!) but the shop was cool. I was so excited to see all these things that I didn't really know what to buy, so I kind of regret not buying more now. Well, anyways, it was also nice to see other fans being there. I then asked the staff of that little shop in the middle where the AKB48 Theater is (I felt so dumb, but I didn't really now where it was). It was hard to communicate with the girl (even though I asked ''AKB48 gekijou ha doko desu ka?''), so she called a guy who explained it to me (in English). And oh my god, it was actually soooo easy to find the theater. :'D I should have just looked at Google Maps beforehand..



And then I was in front of the AKB theater. I'm so proud now, haha. xD Would have been nice to actually go INTO the theater but yeah, I will try that in the future. ;) Perhaps I will be lucky..
The little AKB shop there was also cool. Next was a Cosplay shop and there were also AKB cosplays. :D Another cool thing were the big AKB pictures next to the elevators. They were all very old (2009) but it was still nice to see the big AKB presence at the theater. :D
Of course I also like the non-AKB things in Akihabara. The whole area is so exciting and perfect for Otakus and Wotas. ;)


When we went to the Akihabara station, a Japanese person asked me for the direction for the Station. I was baffled and wondered why he asked ME, but yeah.. I could help him, haha. xD

In the evening we went to Shibuya. Shibuya is another great experience. Definetely go there in the evening!



There are always sooo many people at  the big crossing and I love the big signs everywhere. *-*
I was also proud to see the big Bershka where Nogizaka46 shot their ''Natsu no Free & Easy'' PV. :D
And guess who I found:


Tomochin!!!! :D
It was nice to see random celebraties that I know on big advertisements!! I felt like I was in heaven.

Day 3
Friday, 29th August 2014
This day we went to the Emporer Palace located close to the Tokyo Station. It was raining again but it was relaxing going through the park.




You couldn't see that much of the palace, but it was nice nevertheless. We actually wanted to see the gardens that are usually open. Well, but sadly they AREN'T on fridays.. :'D That was bad luck, haha.


I saw Acchan at the Tokyo Station!!!! :D Actually, there were ads of her on every station, which was pretty cool.
We went to the Roppongi Hills, where we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. That was nice.
A little girl had her birthday and everyone was singing for her, which was sooooooooooo cool. :D


We then continued to the Tokyo Tower, this time up close. Honestly, it doesn't really seem bigger than the Eiffel Tower. xD But I like the Japanese version :)



In the evening my sister and me went to Harajuku alone. It was a nice change to go without our parents! xD I totally love Harajuku, especially the Takeshita street. It was awesome to see the different styles and I totally like the more colourful Harajuku styles.



Harajuku is also an area I want to return to and I recommend going there! It's just such a nice atmosphere going through the streets, eating crêpes and buying clothes and accessoires.


Oh right, is palet a new rising girl group? I saw lots of billboards and placards with them, but that was probably due to them releasing a new single this week. Just wanted to mention it. :)

Day 4
Saturday, 30th August 2014
On Saturday we went to Odaiba, which is an artifical Island in front of Tokyo and to where we had to cross the Rainbow Bridge by train.



This is the FujiTV building and it was full with series and movies of the channel.


There was lots of One Piece stuff, which is pretty cool :D :D


Basically, everything we did there was shopping. But this is an Island mostly for amusment and shopping, so what do you expect? xD

Day 5
Sunday, 31st August 2014
This is again a day where we didn't do much, only driving with the Shinkansen Yes, we were leaving Tokyo which is actually pretty sad, it was only such a short time. But we were departing for Osaka, which was also very exciting.


After arriving, we only went to our Hotel and didn't do much, haha..

Day 6
Monday, 1st September 2014
This day my sister stayed in the Hotel, but me and my parents explored Osaka! :D
First off we went to the Osaka Castle. It is located in a very beautiful park. Even though it isn't that big, I REALLY like this building. :)



The castle is a musuem so we went there. From above we were able to see the city better.
And I saw a Shachihoko!!! :D


We then went to Namba by train. The interesting parts of this area were a bit further away from the actual Namba station, which was a bit surprising. But we found it.. ^^




I like Namba. It definetely shows the different flair from Osaka in comparison to Tokyo. I don't know how to explain it though, you have to see it for yourself.. It was cool actually hearing a bit of Kansai dialect even though I don't understand that much. :D Oh, and the girls really wear longer skirts in Osaka than in Tokyo!!!!

Day 7
Tuesday, 2nd September 2014
Since this was the last day with our Japan Rail Pass, we went to Hiroshima. Despite what my friends believed, Hiroshima is a totally normal city now and we went to the castle:



This Promenade of Peace is of course a reminder of the past and shows that Hiroshima is now fighting for more peace.


The most important memorial is of course the Atomic Bomb Dome and it was interesting yet sad to see this building.


Same with the Children's Peace Monument and the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum.
This place is definetely worth a visit.


The rest of Hiroshima is not thaaat exciting, it's just a normal city and it isn't as big as Tokyo or Osaka. But was still cool to see it. :D


Oh right, Japan LOVES Frozen. Seriously, it was everywhere (which is cool, because I love that movie).

Day 8
Wednesday, 3rd September 2014
This day we went to Kyoto, which is very close to Osaka (both cities are in the Kansai area). Kyoto is known mostly for its many old buildings, temples and the palace as it was the Capital for more than 1000 years. But arriving at Kyoto it actually looks like a really normal city. You have to go a bit further to see more traditional buildings.



Kyoto was very interesting, but sadly we didn't have that much time.. You definetely can't enjoy everything of Kyoto in just one day!! I would have loved to see the Philosopher's walk and the Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion), but they were were to far away to go to..
But at least we went to  the palace:




That was interesting and because of the English guide, there were (almost) only tourists!
Like I'm probably saying about all the cities, I really want to return to Kyoto someday...

Day 9
Thursday, 4th September 2014
As this was our last full day we went shopping in near the Osaka station.


(there are so many ferris weels in Japan, seriously!! xD)
Later that day we went to the Umeda Sky Building, also located close to the Osaka Station.



This building is pretty cool, and I love the escalator. *-*


From above you were able to see Osaka.


And these are the cool escalators. Definetely not a thing for people who are afraid of hights though, haha. xD


I love Osaka.! <3

Day 10
Friday, 5th September 2014
So we finally went to the Kansai Airport this day. On the train ride I saw the Tsutenkaku:


Sadly we didn't go there, but it looked cool from afar. :)
After giving away our luggage at the airport, we still had time left, so we went to the Rinku Town. There is a big outlet, though I prefered the amusement part before that. There were many little shops and despite it being our last day I purchased quite a few cool things. :D



And of course a Feris Wheel and Frozen couldn't be missed!! xD


The last photo is a cute little Pokémon shop I found at the airport!! That was a nice goodbye. :D

Here is also a little clip with a few videos that I took:


As you can see I did quite a few things in Japan and I enjoyed it so much! I'd really like to return to many areas, but also like to go to new places in the future. But right now I'm so happy that I was able to be there and to visit these many cool cities. Being together with my family was also very nice, though of course it would have been perhaps better if I went to some places alone. For example Akihabara, as they were a bit annoyed with all the AKB stuff, but yeah. I still did a lot of things like going to their shops. And I mean HELLO, my family went to Japan with me, that alone is something that really makes me happy. :D

Aaanyways I hope you enjoyed this post about my experiences in this beautiful country.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment