Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The masterpiece Kimi wa Melody

In this post I will talk about AKB48's newest single ''Kimi wa Melody'' which is their 10th anniversary single. (and because I'm just really stupid, I at first wrote Koi wa Melody. I must've been half asleep when I wrote this X'D)



To celebrate AKB48's 10th anniversary the group brought back some of their most popular graduated members: Maeda Atsuko, Oshima Yuko, Shinoda Mariko and Itano Tomomi. Oh, and technically Takahashi Minami, because she has halfly graduated already and does count as a graduated member in this single. She just didn't have her graduation concert yet.. Well, I think it's really cool to see those members back for one single. At first I was a bit eeeeeh, but after all it's their anniversary and it's nice to see them back for once! And I like them all a lot, so yeah! Still, despite the graduated members in this, the center is Miyawaki Sakura. I like her, but this has caused once again some fights between fans. And this being the anniversary single centered by an HKT member (who does have a kennin with AKB) feels a bit weird. Everythings points at Sakura being the new Jurina, as she is pushed so much and seems to be a full AKB member soon.. The rest of the line-up is pretty normal (Jurina and Paruru with Acchan and Yuko building the rest of the front line). I'm really happy to see Sae-chan in this, since this will be her last 48group single A-side and it's nice for this to be the AKB anniversary one, right?
Another interesting fact about this single, is that Ninagawa Mika produced the MV and the covers. She also did Heavy Rotation, Sugar Rush and Sayonara Crawl and is know for her colourful style. I really like her and I'm sooo happy she did once again get back for an AKB single.

Kimi wa Melody is a really typical AKB48 song. It features a rather soothing melody, still mixed with pop-elements. I would say it's an easy-to-listen to song and it sounds really relaxing. I especially like the instrumentals at the beginning and break-part (and the bridge part after that). They are beautiful! The chorus though being a bit bland also has a beuatiful melody. I quite like this song, though it didn't really amaze me at first. But now I think it's a really beautiful and fitting as a sakura song!

Now finally on to the video:


It already starts quite colorful with a Chinese lamps hanging down.


This room is pretty big and we can see the members sleeping in the middle (all except the graduated ones)


Mayuyu: I hope to be first in sousenkyo again this year!


Nyan Nyan! And there's a cat next to her, haha


Dancers?


Paruru and Jurina next to each other


The girls playing games.
They all have really complicated outfits and look so beautiful *-*


Playing with the ball while Haruna is busy with her cat


Yukirin is ust chilling like a queen


They are all queens *-*
The top3 of last year: Sasshi, Yuki and Mayu


And her is lovely Sakura with a lot of Sakura in the background xD




They are so cute :3


Girls getting ready


Sayanee and Skaura are flirting while Yukirin is laughing at something.
Renacchi: Come on guys, this is serious bussiness!


So many colours and flowers *-*


Rie's hair accessoires looks so heavy XD


JuriParu <3 Though Paru doesn't look that happy


Jurina, the cutest!!!! OMG!


This lighting is beautiful


I love these lamps


I love how all of the clothes are so individual and pefectly made for the members!


Is that supposed to be a heart? *sigh*
Paru: I tried!


Jurina: Look, a blue lamp!
Paru: Much wow


Old Team 4 and now Team K fellows
Mion has come so far *cries*


Kansai girls! This is perfection


I don't really get this thing on Mayu's head but she looks great nevertheless
Mayu: Why don't you appreciate my style?


Tea time?


Playing games, I see


Sasshi: Yukirin will graduate soon.


Yukirin: Not quite soon! I need to get first in Sousenkyo


Sasshi: What? I can't hear you..


And here the goddesses.. the graduated members are coming!


Dancing chorus with different outfits. I like those too, they are really nicely made


They still look a bit like kimonos, crossed with Idols dresses


Holy Acchan has graced us with her presence
Acchan: Hello peasants!


Yuko: I'm BACK!
Yesssss


Mariko looks still as stunning as ever, even with her 30 years *-*
Mariko: The power of the Mariko-sama.


And Tomochin brings back all the swag to AKB!


Oh hey there, you're still in the group, aren't you? xP
Takamina: Not for a longs time..


They are enjoying this so much XD


Mayu: I love you all!


Sasshi: Thanks for graduating and making me the most popular!


Cute puppy being the cutest :3
Jurina: Hey Papaaaaa..


Lovely :3


Mariko-sama: You all missed me, right?
Yuko: This is so much fun!!


Takamina: Why am I not at the front though?
Tomochin: Swag


Sakura centeeeeer
She's seriously the cutest, and I'm happy she is having longer hair lately


Acchan are you tanned? :o


Waaaaah, this room is soooo beuatiful *-*


And Tomochin looks really happy here!


OMG, I'm in love with Jurina's hairstyle <3


Let's start analysing the outfits. Sakura and the two former aces have all really traditional Kimono's. Acchan has the most luxury head acessoires


Minions vs. tall girls


Annin, don't anger the Takamina!


CHINPARU!!! Lovely
And I can't really say what style the outfits are, but they aren't Kimonos, right?


Mariko and Nyan *-*
They definetely have more mature outfits!


Sayanee and Takamina also with traditional Kimonos


Le shock




At first I wasn't too fond on Sasshi's brown hair, but it does suit her. She's so cute!


Sakura looking creepy
Sakura: Wanna die?
Acchan: I'm hypnotized by this ball!


Micchan, Kitarie and Yuria



Lovely front girls


Jurina: And me?
You are always the best to me!!


Paruru still does lok a bit ill? She also isn't in the dance shot, but I guess she's a bit better now? Take care, Paruuuu


Here we have some very different clothes. And I will miss this genking alot :'(


Sayanee's beuaty is even more stunning in a Kimono!


Yuko is as beautiful as ever


Hidden center Sayanee, right?
Mayu: AND ME!


Old and new Soukantoku


Takamina is giving the burden to Yuihan


Takamina: Take care of the group!
Yuihan: I won't disappoint you!


Wooooow.. Yeah, Nyan's outfit is a bit more revealing x'D


So nice to see her smile again<3


Queens are chillin


I love these outfits


Jurina's in particular has a really nice colour and looks so elegant.
But Mariko is the boss with her dress!


Acchan is forever watching you!



Cute! The graduated members are watching the others


LEGS


The room from above


Haha, Sasshi is still the funniest!


These two are cutee



Father and mother back again with their daughter *-*


Takamina: I will finally leave, yeay!


Ooooh



Heavy Rotation 2.0!!


Well Sakura-tan, that's life XD


Yuko: Hahaha, she's a baby


Acchan: You're cute!
Sakura: Tihihi, this is embarassing!


Cherry blossoms


So that we cant forget this is the Skaura song


Sayanee: Crap, not these Sakura's again *sigh*


Nice painting


Sakura festival


They are soooooo cute!!!


And Jurina is so perfect in this



I still love this group <3


The pushed top3


Ha ha haaaa.. Takamina is still a minion


Now the recent members are walking as the goddesses


And Sakura's Kimono has a really nice twist in having a big Bow and showing her legs. But it still looks quite cool



Tomochin, don't fall asleep. It's almost over.


Takamina: Now I will say goodbye for real!
Thanks for always, Minami


Mariko-sama looking classy as always


Holy mother saying goodbye with the best smile


Yuko and Tomochin having so much fun
Renacchi: This is so boring!


I love Paruru's style!


Jurina is such a stunning lady


And Sakura is the cutest


Group shot with everyone!!!


And without the graduated members

Wow, what a really beautiful video. I'm speechless and I can't describe how awesome this video is. First of all, Ninagawa did such a great job. The colours and especially the dresses and background rooms are so well made. I love how many details she used in the outfits and how hey are so different yet matching at the same time. The dance outfits are also pretty nice and the dance is interesting. I especially love the interactions between graduated and actual members. That Acchan x Yuko kiss à la Hebirote was EPIC!!! and it was so nice to see Jurina with her best buddys Mariko and Haruna.
Sakura was really cute in this and a lot of focus was on her, but also on the graduated members. I love, how they walked in at first, being superior to the others. But in the end, the actual members also walked just like them, showing that they are the new generation and that they can live on without the older girls. That's simply beautiful and there are so many other elements, like Takamina giving away her accessoire to Yuihan as a symbol for the leader role etc. I can't praise Ninagawa enough, because she has truly made the best 48group PV in years and I'm happy it's well loved and succesful.

So, I'm quite a big fan of this single. And actually it's the first one since Bokutachi that I'm really, really excited about since before the release.
Oh, and I really hope after this they will move on from the graduated memebers and concentrate on the new girls!!

This has been exciting, byeeee~

2 comments:

  1. Um... the single is called "Kimi wa Melody" not "Koi wa Melody"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, how did I get this wrong. Thank you so so much!!

      Delete