Thursday, September 25, 2014

Japan - the food edition

I still want to talk about something regarding my Japan trip: the Food!!
I really like food (come on, who doesn't?) and Japanese food is so interesting! :D 
The Japanese also seem to like food very much since they have TV shows with people only eating and food is often a price for the Idols when they win in their shows (and then everyone is like: ''Oishiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'' xP). 

Before I will start, here a few pictures of the food that is presented in the shops. It's made of wax and very common in Japan to show what food you can get in a restaurant:






It looks so real!

So let's start with something very important now: The Breakfast!


This is the usual breakfast you could get at our Hotel in Tokyo. Miso soup, Rice, salad and bread. You could actually also choose many different things like Egg or Natto.
I really liked this breakfast, it wasn't very luxurious, but it was satisfying and tasted great.



We went to a restaurant for breakfast once and had a very BIG meal there. All of us oredered a plate with sadnwiches (we thought there would be only 1 ore 2 , but NO! there were 4!!). When we ordered our drinks, we found out that adding to every drink we would get bread and an egg (and my sister chose quite a big drink as you can see in the picture). So yeah, we actually had a very big breakfast.. :'D
But very good!

Next of I will show you a few warm dished we ate:


In Japan the meals are often made up of different little portions. Here we chose Chicken, french fries and two different types of Gyoza (I think it was mint and chicken). I love chicken, so that was pretty nice. The Gyozas were soooo good, especially the non-mint ones (yeah, I'm pretty sure it was chicken). And then the fries were mostly for my sister, who doesn't like Japanese food. (which is also the reason why we didn't eat thaaat much Japanese food, sadly).


This is Takoyaki, which is a specialty of Osaka, so of course I had to eat it there. Well, but I wasn't a very big fan of it. I don't really like sea food and this is made of Octopus so yeah... But it was okay, just a bit too much for my taste.


Japanese Curry Rice is a very, very big favourite food of me. I love it soo much and could eat it everyday!!! :D I can totally understand why it's so popular in Japan.



Okay, this is more like a snack. I ate a Brezel and the others went for pancakes, potatos and chicken nuggets. This looks more like a western meal but you can see the Japanese touch becaue of the cute faces on the ketchup, haha. xD

But now onto some nice things: desserts & sweets!!
So let's start with crêpes.


Crêpes with cholate ice cream and strawberries.


Crêpe with cream and strawberries.


And crêpe with cream and banana's.
As you can see, crêpes are very popular in Japan and we enjoyed quite a few of them. ;) I have to say, I really love crêpes, so this is great for me.


This was some sort of Caramel mash (don't remember what it was called). It was actually pretty good, until I found the alcohol on the ground. And i don't know, it just atsted odd together with the caramel..


I decided to include these ice kids, because they are so cute.


This was my ice-cream cup and it was great!!!


This was my sister's caramel ice-cream banana thing. It looked very nice, too.


And this is the very exciting coffee of my mother, haha. xD

You gotta love that the Japanese are putting famous characters on  the sweet products:


Stitch!


Marie and Olaf+Elsa!


Attack on Titan Puccho!!! Now I have AoT stickers.. :D And I love Puccho!!!


Lastly I'm showing you this Kagome fruit/ vegetable drink. I know Kagome because Team Syachihoko and Morning Musume both made advertisements for them (Team Syachihoko even has a song about it). So I though, hey, why not try this out? And I really liked the taste..! Somehow the purple things all have a very sweet and interesting taste (I guess it's the grapefruit..).

So yeah, all in all I have to say that wating in Japan is very interesting!! Because my father and my sister don't like Asian food in general we were often eating in Italian or American restaurants (e.g. Hard Rock Café). But I was still able to try many different things. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment