Wednesday, September 17, 2014

AKB48 Janken Taikai 2014

Today the 5th AKB48 Janken Taikai took place in Budokan. Unlike the last years it didn't determine the senbatsu for an AKB48 single. The winner will get a solo single and the places 2-16 will get a b-side on that single. I'm sad that there won't be a Janken Single but at the same time I can totally understand that move. The Janken single always sold the least and with KnP just cracking the million with a few thousand copies an unknown AKB senbatsu would break the streak. And honestly, 5 singles per year is so much, the fans won't be that sad if there are 'only' 4. Perhaps this will bring more sales for the fewer singles now. :)

But enough of these theories, let's talk about the tournament.
This was actually the first time  I watched a Janken Taikai live. Last year I had to go to school, but since I still have freetime I could watch it this year! :D And I have to say that it's pretty exciting! Of course there are comments about it being rigged and stuff, but it's still so much fun to see the girls play Janken against each other. The best thing are the costumes though. SERIOUSLY!
This year Takamina and Sayanee totally rocked the event because of their towers (Takamina -> Tokyo Tower, Sayanee -> Tsutenkaku) Sadly both didn't make it to senbatsu, but Sayanee's tower kept on being visible the whole tournament, haha.


Here is the senbatsu:

Best 16:
Kashiwagi Yuki, Azuma Yuki, Arai Yuki, Tomonaga Mio, Okada Nana, Sato Kiara, Nakanishi Chiyori, Uchida Mayumi

Best 8:
Owada Nana, Miyazaki Miho, Nagao Mariya, Kotani Riho
Kojima Haruna, Iwatate Saho, Kawamoto Saya

Watanabe Miyuki


First of all, congrats Milky for winning a solo debut. I do think she will get an interesting song (at leats I hope so). Having two senbatsu members (I will just count Milky as one now, we all know management still sees her as AKB senbatsu) being in the finale does smell a bit fishy though. Kojiharu is now the center for the B-side so I hope she will get a cool song! :D I was totally rooting for Saho and Saya to crush their senbatsu opponents, but sadly they didn't. Well, they nevertheless have good places. Having Myao in senbatsu is like a miracle. I'm soooo freaking happy for her and seems like she couldn't believe it herself. I'm also so happy for Okada Nana, I can't believe, this isn't a single line-up. I like this senbatsu. ^^ I think it's nice to see many unpopular/ young girls and the return of Ucchi, haha. xD
Here is a picture:


Something that stole the spotlight from Milky a bit was the announcement of the line-up for the 38th single, that will be released on November 26th. Fall singles were usually released in late October but since there is no Janken single they pushed the date back.
Here's the line-up:

A: Shimazaki Haruka, Kojima Haruna, Takahashi Minami, Kawaei Rina, Iriyama Anna, Muto Tomu
K: Yokoyama Yui, Kojima Mako, Tano Yuka
B: Watanabe Mayu, Kashiwagi Yuki, Takahashi Juri, Owada Nana, Oshima Ryouka, Kawamoto Saya
4: Minegishi Minami, Mukaichi Mion, Kato Rena, Kizaki Yuria
8: Nakano Ikumi
S: Miyazawa Sae, Matsui Jurina
E: Matsui Rena, Suda Akari
N: Yamamoto Sayaka
M: Shiroma Miru
BII: Watanabe Miyuki
H: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka
KIV: Miyawaki Sakura, Moriyasu Madoka
Nogi: Ikoma Rina

Double centered by Mayuyu and Skaura, what a surprise. But this is a great oportunity for Sakura and I'm so happy for her! (funny that I still have her as my blog header, haha. I'm prepared for the Sakura domination!) The whole senbatsu is a very BIG surprise. Yes, it's a big senbatsu!! There are the usual folks and some awesome surprise. I'm happiest about Sae being finally in a Management chosen senbatsu again. Her last was Sayonara Crawl!!! Then there are Tano Yuka and Muto Tomu. Wow, I've been waiting forever for those two to be included in senbatsu, especially for Yuka!! Seeing her crying was heartbreaking, she was so happy. :'D Of course management gives members like Juri, Ryouka and Kato Rena a chance now, after they all ranked in the sousenkyo. Seeing Owada Nana and Mukaichi Mion in senbatsu isn't such a big surprise! Kawamoto Saya (draftie) and Nakano Ikumi (Team 8) shocked me a bit, but okay it's good to promote them! Suda Akari keeps her senbatsu place and the third NMB member is Shiroma Miru. Well, I'm a bit surprised they chose her over Fuuko (and that NMB only has 3 members), but okay. Kodama Haruka and Moriyasu Madoka (!) are also in. I'm so happy for them, especially for Madoka!! :D And then there's Ikoma Rina.. Which is understandable, but seems like Nogizaka46 gets closer to AKB more and more. Who knows, soon they will also participate in Sousenkyo and stuff..
And lastly, out of Tentoumu Chu only Kojima Mako made it. Okay, sorry but what's with Okada Nana& co. Nana looked so sad and I really wanted her to be in..
I'm happy about this surprise line-up though, would have never expected it.

But another thing: I don't really expect a 'cool' single like UZA with that line-up now, 32 members dancing to that would look so messy. But Aki-p said it will be a kami song so I trust him now. Hopefully it will be something meaningful liek River or Kaze wa Fuiteiru. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment