Wednesday, March 27, 2013

While you keep on standing still~

Hey^^
There have been a few song/ MV releases lately and I just couldn't catch up on everything. But now I'm going to review ''Standing Still'' by UKISS.
 
 
Well, UKISS can always be hit or miss for me. I won't even say I'm a fan, but I enjoy many of their songs. ''Dora Dora'' last year was a really, really good song and I enjoyed it. Then, ''Stop it'' wasn't good at all (in my opinion).
 
But I DO think UKISS is a talented group. And I can't understand why they aren't so popular in Korea itself. I guess they are more popular in other countries.
 I also don't really get why they don't get awards at music shows. Hm, actually I don't really think awards at Korean music shows are THAT important. You now, it's nice to see your favourite star winning an award every week but it's just about POPULARITY nowadays. If Girls' Generation has a comeback, we all know they will win a few awards. If there are songs by rather unknown artists, they won't even have a chance. Well, but back to the point. Even though I want UKISS to win an award, it's not THAT important to me. Look at Davichi: their chart rankings for their latest single were pretty god. Did they win an award at Mnet Countdown? No! It's not all about these shows.
Now baaack to the actual song:
 
The song is good. Yes, it really is. It's not as impressive as let's say ''Neverland'' as it's a slower song, but I still think it's pretty catchy. It's a bit sad with broken hearts and all that stuff and I think UKISS is showing the emotions pretty good.
I really like Soohyuns and Hoons voices, and Kevins voice sounds also pretty good sometimes (nothing against him, but sometimes he's overdoing it :'D ). I'm happy AJ is back, because I looove his rap.
 
The video is pretty much dance+close ups+awkward-girl-scenes. Yeah, not that impressive. Typical K-pop I would say. ;)
But I think the part lot is a good location for a video. I mean, it makes no sense to dance there at all, but the whole dark feeling fits the song and lyrics pretty well.  
The dance is good. The UKISS members are pretty good dancers. I really like the part, when Soohyun is in the middle and brings all the other members together.
The chorus dance looks a bit odd. Especially when Kevin is TOO much into it (again, I've got nothing against him). But yeah, it's alright. And it looks funny.^^
Here are some screenshots:
 
 

Welcome to the UKISS video.


THE LOCATION! So cool!


Fire.. uuh. Okay

Soohyun, yeaah.. I really like his voice..


Shoving away Hoon like a boss.


Eli: I can't!!


Again, why is there fire???
Probably because of the lyrics, but it makes no sense.. gah


Bad-ass Hoon. OMG I looove his blonde hair. It suits him soo good!!

 
Side shot. Wow, he looks so angry..
 


Random girl.. WTF??


Bow down to Dongho..
His hair though... :/


Hair pulled back -> waayy better!!


That's also a funny dance. And why is there always a dance where they touch themselves? i mean seriously, we have that in EVERY k-pop video!!


Kevin: U mad?????
Uhm, no. But seriously... why??


UKISS: Because we're awesome bitches!! *rubbing their faces*
Just whyyyyyyyy??


AJ: Becaue we CAN do it, okay??
Yeah, sure. *sigh* I guess, I can't change it..


Funny dance part 2!!


Eli, what did they do with you?? What's with your hair?? WHY??


Kevin being a bit TOO MUCH into the dance. Well, as long as he's happy..


You too Kiseop? What did they do with you?? (he looked really better before, right? RIGHT?)
At least they gave him sone atcual lines.


Random dark shots.. But they look cool


Like really.. It's cheap, but it's a good idea^^


Donghos hair.. LOL xD
Sorry.. I still like him


Again touching themselves.. *sigh*


WHYY??



Kevin: Guys! I'm scared!!
Soohyun: WTF Kevin??
AJ: *thinks* Just pretend like you didn't hear him!

 

WTF? Is this a horror movie all of sudden???


No, just this awkward girl..
She's somehow creepy.. I mean her smile, her eyes, everything!!


Look at them false contacts!! Creepy!


AJ: Thumbs down!!!


Touching themselves one last time...


... THE END.

Yeah, it's not one of their best videos. But it's still enjoyable..^^
I say good bye for now...
Ronii

No comments:

Post a Comment