Monday, March 11, 2013

2 years ago...

Today is a special day. A memorable day.
Two years ago, the 11th March 2011, the big Tohoku earthquake took place in Japan. What followed were a tsunami, a nuclear catastrophe in Fukushima and worrying people all over the world. Many people died, many families were torn apart and we all felt with the Japanese people and wanted to help them. We helped them through Charities, encouragement videos/ pictures etc. and through talking with them. Some artists even wrote songs for this event and donated the money they earned. Even at our school we had an open-air concert where the money for the meals and everything was donated to Japan. A Japanese woman came to us and talked about her experiences.


I still remember how shocked I was when I saw the pictures in the TV. The 11th March is also the birthday of a friend of mine. We were at her birthday party and found out about the whole thing there. We watched TV and were shocked. I felt so sad for all the victims and families and I was also worried about them. But the Japanese people handled that all so well. When I was in Japan, there wasn't really a sad feeling. Everyone lived their normal lives again.
But even now, there are still people suffering from these events. Even 2 years after it, we still feel with them and hope for them. We can't do much for them, but it's good to remember and to think about it.


Of course we have to look to the future. Everything is getting better now.
Schools have been rebuild, streets have been cleared and the people can live.


With this post I just wanted to remember these events and express my feelings about it. I will always support Japan and the Japanese people.
We will always be by your side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment