Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sayumi sings about herself - Shabadaba do

Next up is Michishige Sayumi's solo graduation song ''Shaba daba do'' from Morning Musume '14's new single.

Really like these covers, they are so typical Sayu *-*

On a side note, this is actually the first solo song to be included as an A-side in a Morning Musume single (though Furusato could technically be counted as a solo song, too)!! Well, it's Sayu's graduation song, so everything is of course about her. But we all know that her voice isn't really that good (it's pretty bad to be honest), so most of her songs get heavily autotuned.
Well, Shaba daba do actually isn't really autotuned. Of course there are some parts that are (especially background do do do's) but.. The song as a whole sounds very different from usual Morning Musume songs. The instrumentals is a bit Jazz-influenced, though there are still some weird electro parts. Well, everything actually fits pretty good together, even Sayu's high pitched voice sounds nice. The chorus is pretty good and all the do do do's are freaking catchy. But not only the song, also the lyrics are very interesting. This song is actually about Sayu herself, which is pretty cool. For example, right in the beginning she sings about her pitch being bad (which is true). Adding to that, the title is about soap bubbles, as was her very first single ''Shabondama''. I really love this reference and it makes this song even more special for Sayu. *-*

But now onto the video review full of Sayu:


Here we have the title (being written in katakana of course).


And here is Sayu in a cute dress.


Sayu: Welcome to my world! It's finally only me without the other members!


Wow, this looks beautiful. *-*


And I love the effects. Sayu is appearing everywhere. And pink everywhere...
Sayu: I love flowers!


And here we have soap bubbles! xD


Double Sayu.


Oh, Sayu is speaking French! :D
Sayu: Merushi.


She even has a cute, little dance.
Sayu is adorable.


And here on the right she looks freaking stunning.


Sayu: What? I'm cute!


Sayu: I love all my fans!


More soap bubbles!


Sayu: Don't you also think these flowers are beautiful?
Yes, and they are pink xD


Sayu: That's pink??


Sayu: Oh noooo, why pink?
Because it's YOUR colour.^^


Aww, she's beautiful.


Sayu: Heyyy, I'm cute!



Those are some pretty cool sunglasses. ^^


Mizuki: Uss! I'm the new lead-
Sayu: MIZUKI? What the heck are you doing here? This is my video!


Kawaii!


Lol, the same scene just with her body parts in different bubbles.


What is she holding here?


A sad Sayu?


Sayu: Oh nooos, this is my graduation video. 
Oh, really?




Aaaw, this is cool. Starring Sayumi Michishge and then she appears everywhere.



And here she is with the light pink dress. It's really beautiful.


Sayu, are you drinking alcohol?


Sayu: What? Me? No, I only made bubbles.


Pink balloons. And a pink book.


Again the chairs. Haha, they are all red, pink and light pink.^^


Sayu showing off that princess dress.


Sayu: Thanks vor your support.


Sayu: Let's sing into this brush Perhaps it will make my voice sound good!


Sayu: OMG, is it a magical brush?


Sayu: Oh no, my stomach hurts. I guess I ate too many sweets.


Oh, yellow shoes. XD


Haruna: Yo Sayu, whaddup. How's your video going?
Sayu: Pretty good. Wait, what are you doing here?


Sayu: Why are these subleaders appearing here? I thought this is my video.


Sayu: Dame! No more other members in this video!


Sayu: I can see a lolli!


Sayu: OMG, a lolli??


Sayu: I like it. ;)



Sayu: Look at these awesome cupcakes!


Sayu: Which one should I eat first?


Sayu: Oishiiiii..



A last few Shaba daba dooos..


And Soap bubbles..


Wow, this is beautiful. *-*


Sayu: Yeah, I know I am the best.


Sayu: Tehehe..


And a failed wink! Sayuu *-*


And it all ends with this heart!

Wow, this is soooo typical Sayu. Everything is pink, she does lots of cute things and looks of course adorable! She has two outfits for this video: The red one with a bit yellow and the light pink one. Both look so nice on her and while the first one makes her look cute, the second one is more mature. It's also funny how she is actually making soap bubbles. xD
Mizuki and Haruna both appear for a short time, since they were the subleaders (now Mizuki is the leader and Haruna is still subleader together with Eripon). That's quite nice.^^

All in all this is a very cute video and it's such a great goodbye for Sayu, since it shows her best side and this is how we will remember her. *-*
Damn, now I realy miss her.. ._.

But there's still one song left of this single.
So, until then!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment