Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Best of 2014: H!P

2014 has been a very interesting and busy year for Hello Project. There were still lots of double A-sides and even triple A-sides. Adding to that, there have been quite a few big changes for a lot of groups under the Project. I will now take a look at every group:

Morning Musume '14


This was the first year with the change of the group name. Actually, I got used to it and I do think it's cool now. I can talk about Morning Musume '14 now, and everyone knows I only mean the line-up from this year. Well, Momosu released 3 singles this year. Two of them were triple-A-sides but we didn't get any B-sides. Out of these singles I have to say ''Toki wo Koe sora wo koe'' was the song that amazed me the most. But as a whole single, I have to say I liked the last one the most, since all three songs Tiki Bun, Shaba Daba Doo and Mikaeri Bijin were so different. Sadly, the Number 1 streak just ended with this single, but since it still sold a lot, I'm happy.
The group also released a Coupling Song Collection which has all the B-sides from Kimagure Princess until Wagamama ki no mama Ai no Joke. That's pretty cool and kind of makes up for them not having any B-sides lately. The last thing they released was their 14th album. I really like this release, especially Sakura & Riho's song ''Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi''. This has been my most replayed song since I got the album. I just love it so much!
Aside from the music releases, there have been some interesting concerts and photobooks. But the most important event was probably Michishige Sayumi's graduation. She had been a member for 11 years, so it was a very hard goodbye and the end of an era. After a graduation always follows a new generation, so we now have four new girls as the 12th generation. I still don't know that much about them, but we will see more about them next year! The group has a new leader now and that is Fukumuara Mizuki. Adding to Iikubo Haruna, there will also be Ikuta Erina as a sub-leader.

Morning Musume '14 has been an awesome group and I'm so happy I could follow them this year, too. I'm already looking forward to Morning Musume '15!


Berryz Koubou


This group faced a very important anniversary this year: it was their 10th year as a group. But shortly after that it was announced that they will go on an indefinite hiatus in the beginning of 2015, which means they will more or less disband. I'm still so sad about this, and it's really starting to hit me right now, even though they aren't my favourite group.
Singles-wise it has been an pretty good year for Berryz. I especially liked Ai wa itsumo Kimi no naka de, but 1 Oku 3 zen man was also a good song and Romance wo katatte is really growing on me now. It's clear that the group is coming to an end soon, so it was a nice present from the fans that their last single became their highest selling single ever.


C-ute


The year for C-ute wasn't as exciting as it was for the other two groups. No member changes or announcements, but I think that's great. The singles of this year were hit or miss. I didn't really care for the first one that much, and the second one was okay. At least their latest single was really, really good. I miss you is my second most played song after Momosu's mentioned song and I also really like The Future. I hope the group keeps up like this in 2015!

S/mileage (Angerme)


S/mileage released only two singles this year. Their first single was okay, Mystery Night was pretty shocking for the group, but I kind of liked it. The second single was better in my opinion, both songs are pretty good. But the group had a big change: a 3rd generation was added and they have a new name now. It was surprising to see Sakaki Rikako as a 3rd generation member, since everyone expected her in Momosu. S/mileages new name is ANGERME and honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of this name yet. I liked their old name and don't really see why they chose the new one (yeah, I know they thaught of french words, but still). Well, I'm already looking forward to their new single in February to see this new group in action!

Juice=Juice


There weren't any big changes for this group in 2014. But they released three singles in a really fast tempo I would say. My favourite song is still Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KissKaze ni fukarete is also a nice song and I found their latest single to be pretty interesting, too.
All in all it was an okay year for the group, but I guess they got a bit overshadowed by the other groups' drama.

Country Girls


This year a new group was created! Or rather, it was first decided that Country Musume would be revived, but than they were renamed as Country Girls and 5 new members were added to that group. Adding to that, Tsugunaga Momoka from Berryz will be the Playing Manager of the group. I was very surprised to see Momochi with this line-up. And I don't really know what to think about the whole group, since didn't know Counrty Musume. Let's see, what they will do in 2015!

So this have been all the current H!P groups in 2014!

There is still one more thing I have to talk about:
It's the LILIUM stage play. I sadly still haven't watched it, but what I heard was really, REALLY outstanding. Momosu and S/mileage has been praised a lot for this stage play and I have to agree.


 I would say it was a succesful year with a lot of surprises, so I look forward to the changes in 2015 now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment