Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The jumping December Kangaroos - SKE48

Today, on Christmas Eve, I will talk about the A-side of SKE48's 16th single ''12 gatsu no Kangaroo''.



Well, as you can already guess from the title and the cover, this is a Christmas single. So what better day to review this than today?? :D But atcually, isn't the title a bit odd? I mean, what have Kangaroos to do with December? This is a good question I would say..

Anyways, there is a very big surprise for the line-up here. Just like the other 48groups, SKE48 is shaking things up a bit with their centers. Instead of Jurina (+Rena), we have Kitagawa Ryoha and Miyamae Ami at the front this time. This is atcually the very first time someone else except for wMatsui is centering an SKE single. Well, it doesn't really surprise me that they are changing things up. Having Ryoha is also no surprise, since she is already being pushed so much as a new gen. You can't deny that Ryoha got better over the last year and that she is a pretty good dancer. But she's still a bit shy and awkward, so I was excited to see how this single would turn out. Anmi came pretty sudden, since this is also her very first senbatsu appereance. But she is a great performer and one of my favourite new gens in SKE, so I'm looking forward to this!
We now have a 22nin senbatsu instead of the 20nin for Bukiyou Taiyou. Still two people were sadly dropped from senbatsu: Umemoto Madoka and Kumazaki Haruka. Instead four new people entered: 
of course Miyamae Ami, Tani Marika (who got into first line), Yamauchi Suzuran and the draftie Souda Sarina. 

But now about the song. 12gatsu no Kangaroo is a pretty up-beat Idol song. It follows the song sheme of other SKE48 songs like Oki Doki and Banzain Venus. This brings us back to an older SKE-sound and is a nice change from the slower songs Mirai to ha and Bukiyou Taiyou. Since our new centers are younger than wMatsui, a more energetic song definetely fits them. Well, it's a pretty catchy song and there's some screaming going on in between which is so much fun to listen to and something I really love about SKE songs. 
So yes, this is definetely a very good song!

And now onto the video:


It all starts in a bus and we of course see our two centers.
Ryouha is looking at a snow globe, while Anmi is laughing like crazy.
Ryouha: I love snow globes!


Here we have the title! It's all full of snow and Christmasy..


The wild Kangaroos appear!! Errr, I mean SKE48 in winter clothes!
I love the dresses *-*
And they are actually IN the winter globe, which is pretty cool.


Damn, it's pretty hard to get good screenshots. They are jumping around so much. xD
Anmi: Oh no, I'm falling down.
Rena: Eehehehe, hi!


The perfect jumps!


It's cold??


A very cute looking Ryouha!



And Ami looks funny. xD


We're back in the bus. :D
It's pretty cool to see them having so much fun.
And Milky is good at getting camera focus! xD


Aya, nao, Rion and Churi


Nana, Suuchan, Masanyan and Airi



Yeah Tani, you aren't dramatic or anything... XD
Love these poses.


The center dance!


The ex-Centers dance.
Ami: LOL, they are funny!


The comedy duo.
Tani: Ehehehe, I'm in senbatsu!


Milky and Nao.
Wow, that Milky smile though. ^^


Non and Churi.


Sae and Aya.
Sae: Oh yeah, this is so much fun!
Aya: I hate this..


Suuchan and Nana


Aaaaw, this is cute!
Rena: Be quiet, I wanna be center again!!!


Ryouha isn't doing a lot of expressions, but she's still cute.^^


The wild Akarin and Tani appear.
Ryouha: Eeeeh, what are they doing?
Ami: Help us!


Ryouha and Anmi in white..


That's adorable!


Those three are so CUTE!


Yeay, Anmi!


Nao looks really nice with that hairstyle!


I really love how happy Suuchan looks in this video. :D


Aya: *wink* I love you~
Sae: Yossh, lets do it!


Cute :3
And Sarina somehow managed to get into the picture (on the left behind Nana).


Kyaaah, Jurina loves me! *-*


Rena looking slightly creepy here. D:


Ryouha: Nyan!
Anmi: Hehe..


Wow, here we actually see some kangaroos! :o


AH!
And everyone is jumping around, lol..


HI!


Lots of HI!


Jurina's smile. *-*


Rena: I'm a kangaroo!
Akarin: Look at me!!


Ryouha: I don't like this..
Nao is totally owning here. xD


Tani, that smile. :o
Tani: Hehe, I'm evil!
Jurina and Nana looking beautiful!


Rena: Oh, what am I doing?


Our hearts go doki doki..


Yeay, lots of hearts <3


We are finally able to see some lower members!
Sarina and Tsugupon are here.


Ran Ran and Minarun


Now, this is WHITE. o.o


Group hug!


Jurina is cold..



I wanna hug them too. *-*
And I spot some wMatsui! :D


Tani: I wanna be center some day..


And now kiss!!


Waiting for the bus~
Jurina and Rena look pretty evil.
Jurina: They took our center spots.
Rena: I know, but they won't again!


Akarin looking all cute!


And here she looks funny. hehe


Aw, Rena is so beautiful! :3


Rena: Yeah, I know that..


That's a very.... real looking bus. :'D


Sae bus driver: You don't think so?


Again, lots and lots of white.


And why is there the skyline of London in the background??



Catching the lower members is great. xD



Harutamu and Airin look very cute here!


Jurina: I wanna kiss you!



Sae: Everyone come in now!


Ryouha: Chu~


And here comes Jurina! :D


Akari: Tani, I love you!
Tani: Whaaaaat?


Akari: Come, let's kiss!
LOL at Churi there.


Kissing monster found a new victim!!!!


Suuchan: ??
Jurina: Muahahaha, I won't kiss you.
Rena: Jurina, you aren't cheating, right?


Sae-chan with her tebasaki.
Harutamu: I wish for lots of presents on Christmas!


Nao, why are you eating Nana?


Nao: I don't want her to graduate..
Wow, this looks cute! *-*


Rena: Rion, you looks so cute *-*
Oh no, everyone stop the lolicon! :o


Too late..
Sarina: It can't be helped..


Rena: Well, I love little kids!
We know that..


Akarin: And I love my fans!


Rena; Look at my finger, I will hypnotize you!



The crazy bus ride goes on..



Lol, Ami and Ryouha in the snow globe. XD


Ryouha: That's us!
Ami: I know, aren't we cute..


Such a cute group!


Jurina and Ryouha are cats or what?


Oh, there are hearts!


Rena is giving a winter vibe. xD


Akarin: A, wasurechatta..


Some hyper kids..




Sae: We will soon arrive at our final destination!


Milky: What??
Tani: We will die??


Churi: So fluffy..
Rion: Leave me alone..


Nana: pok pok
Suuchan: Oooookay..


Aya: Nao, I love you!
Nao: Yeayy...




Non: Chu~


A reall funny group shot.
I see some awsome faces there Harutamu, Milky and Rion. XD


This is even better!
LOL, Jurina. What are you doing?
And Rena hearts everyone!


A last few jumps..


Pretty sad, that we didn't see that much of these members here. They are adorable!
And poor Tsugupo is forever alone in the back..


Group hug à la SKE48.


And the last pose!

Now that was a very fun PV! SKE48 is seriously such an amazing group and I love the members so much. Ryouha was of course still a bit awkward, but I think she and Ami did a very good job as centers! It was of course a very cute video, so it fits them. I'm totally a fan of the whole winter setting and the clothes. The bus scenes are really cool and I totally love the group shots in the snow globe. :D It's funny that Sae was the bus driver, but this sadly means, she didn't participate in the bus party. :/
Well, I love how everyone was hugging and kissing each other. *-*
The only thing I don't really like, is how the lower members again didn't really have a lot of screen time. I mean, why add Sarina if you won't really show her? But I at least think it was better than in Bukiyou Taiyou, where we got close to no solo shots.

But still, this is a great video and totally fits the up-beat song. It also has a Christmas and winter atmosphere with lots of cute member shots. It really sets me into the mood to enjoy this time now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment