Sunday, March 16, 2014

Dramatic Giraffes - Kimi no Uso wa Shitteita

Today I'm going to review ''Kimo no Uso wo shitteita'' which is the exclusive Type A B-side on AKB48's single Mae Shika Mukanee.


This song is sung by the group ''Beauty Giraffes'' that is made up of the tall and beautiful and somehow not really pushed members. (And a looot of Team K here!!) I mean, there are girls like Mocchi, Mariya and Tomu that despite their popularity don't get the push they deserve. But now Mariya is the center of this song. OMG, that's oo cool!!! I really like her and I think she is sooo beautiful. The 4 main members of this song are Mariya, Kitarie, Akicha and Nao. An interesting choice, even though Kitarie doesn't fit in terms of height. xP But she is also the beautiful/ sexy type so yeah.
About the song, it's a very melancholic song, following the roots of ''Sasameyuki Regret'' and 'Tsuyogari Dokei''. I think it's a very beautiful and somehow edgy song and here are certainly a few of AKB48's best singers in this group. It isn't the most original song ever though. I mean, it's nice to listen, but it gets a bit boring after some time..
But let's take a look at the video now!!


Mariya is walking on the sidewalk.


Let's pout a bit with Mariya..
Mariya: My life is shit!


Yeay.. A kanji I can't read!



Oh no.. Is that a train? Does she want to kill herself?


But a random man in black saves her!


Mariya has such a dramatic look on her face.. o.o


It looks like a movie..


The main characters Akicha, Nao, Mariya and Kitarie.. It IS a movie!!


Oh, there is a happy Mariya now!! And she is together with someone.. a boyfriend?


Legs?


Kitarie dances!


YURI!!!
Ayarin and Reinyan..


Who's that? Sumire?
And did she get kidnapped?


Nice laugh Tomu :'D


Okay, what happened??


??? Foreshadowing?


Okay, so we are at the beginning scene again. Mariya gets introduced.


And thats Nao!


Nao comes home and a maid is waiting for her..
Nao: Take my jacket. NOW!


Ah, so someone's rich. Nao?


Kitarie with a weird old-looking man. I guess it should be her boyfriend..


Ah. So Akicha is also rich? But who has that much money laying in front of them?


I want to be rich, too!


The mother of the two persons..


Aaaah....
So Kitarie and Akicha both were together with the same man and each have a child with him..


This is probably Nao (hair). Seems like she is the child of Akicha and they have a pretty good relation.


Oh right, Nao.. She and Akicha are both rich!


And Mariya is the daughter of Kitarie.. But she's all sad and alone in that picture..


Once again a very sad looking Mariya. I guess she isn't as happy and rich as Akicha and Nao..


Well, but Akicha looks a bit odd here...
And old!


Akicha: Oh my god, I am SO rich..


Kitarie: I am not rich, okay?


*sad*


Here Nao doesn't look happy, too..


LOL. Is that Nao as a little kid with her father? They seem to have a pretty good relation.


Akicha: It's so nice to have money, right?
Nao: Yep, I am sooo happy!


But Mariya is also happy with love.. (in the past.. because now she's sad)


Oh, a jealous Nao.
Nao: That's MY guy!


Depressive Mariya.



Wow, this is SO beautiful!!!
They are after all sisters.


The rich and tall girls.
Yeah, the other members also get a bit of screen time..


A happy Ayarin.


Shihorin


And Ami..
Rich and beautiful girls..



Ah, so this is the kidnapper group lead my Tomu.



And Mocchi seems to be the best friend of Mariya.


Nao: Hurt Mariya!


Mocchi: MONEY!!!
*facepalm* Of course, everyone would do that for money..


Mocchi is as beautiful as always..




Reinyan: I wanna have the money!!
So she's the maid?


Akicha is sooo dramatic..


Suuchan is alive!


Lol, that face is so freaking funny.



Is that Mocchi with Mariyas boyfriend?


Oh yeah.. These two *-*


Keicchi!!



Akicha is dead?? WTH?


Faster, faster! Steal the money!


Mariya: Is that Mocchi.. W-with my boyfriend?


Mocchi is pregnant????


Mariya: Should I look sad or shocked?





Ooookay, this group is crazy!!


Yagi: We are all crazy!!



Pour girls..


Akarin and Madoka..
Damn, Akari *-*


Mocchi doesn't look too happy with her situation.



What? Is Mariya ill??



And Kitarie continues to dance.. What is her role??


Kitarie: I'm awesome!!


Yeay, it gets dramatic..



But I don't get it..





At least the girls look super awesome!!


Hahaha, Reinyan runs away with the money.


Nao and Akicha want to get it back!



Why is Nao crying?


Mariya is in hospital?


Mariya: You don't get it?
Nope!!


Rich girls are running..



Dramatic face expressions..


Mariya trips and the baby rolls away. Wait is it Mocchi's baby? I mean, she is on the right there..



More close-ups..
Tomu looks awesome!!


Oh no!!!


*shock*


Reeeeena!!!!




Mariya: Oh no! This is the end!!




Nao: And that's all my fault!!!



Reinyan: NOOOOOO...



WTH?? Rena??
And let me guess, Akicha and Nao were in the car and that's the reason why Akicha died?


The beginning scene.


And the end!


And that's how Rena did her last scene..

Well, well. This is actually a very completcated video. Nao is the daughter of Akicha and Mariya is the daughter of Kitarie. They both have the same father and don't really get along. xD Nao is rich, but she gets jealous when the poor Mariya gets a boyfriend and wants to destroy her luck.. Mocchi comes together with him and in the end Mariya trips and the baby rolls away.. Rena gets hit by the car of Akicha and Nao, who were going after Reinyan, who stole their money (that was sooo obviously on the table..). Then there's also the side story with the rich girls and the group of girls who are kidnapping them. This is a bit odd but yeah. They are somehow linked because of the relation of Ayarin and Reinyan.
Okay, I have to say that the video is pretty interesting. It's dark and I love dark videos and even though it isn't that logical, it's made well. But I do think this should have a longer video.. Also, some of the members didn't even have a bit screentime and it was focused too much on the main characters..
The end was pretty odd, but yeah.. And was that really Mariya's boyfriend? Or her father or something?
We probably won't know so we just have to interpret these things..
Mariya did a good job in my opinion, even though she looks a bit too dramatic in some scenes. And in some others she just looks so neutral. Nao also played pretty good in my opinion and Akicha was waaaaay over the top.. xP

All in all together I really like this B-side. It's definetely interesting and unique and even though it isn't perfect, I think it is well-made. Perhaps there will be a real explanation sometime soon.. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Now that I thought of it, there is a possibility that the man is Mariya and Nao's father. Nao got jealous because she thought that her father loves Mariya than her so she paid Asuka to steal him from Mariya.

    Anyway, thanks for this. I actually don't get it the first time I watched the PV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I also think this might be true. :D
      No problem, I guess everyone didn't get it at first. ;)

      Delete