Sunday, March 2, 2014

K-pop Wrap-up January& Feburary 2014

I'm really not paying attention to K-pop lately. Gosh, I'm so sorry, I really don't have enough time for it anymore... But still, I really love many bands and songs and I have to keep me motivated listening to the new releases because some of them are super awesome! This whole weekend I have been listening to K-pop songs and searched for some new ones. And really, there are MANY songs that caught my attention. Actually, there are also twoo songs from January in this list, but because I didn't do a December Wrap-up I just transformed this into the Jan + Feb Wrap-up! :)

24.01 Kiss&Cry - Domino Game
Let's just start with a rookie group. I don't know anything about this girlgroup, so yeah. BUT I know that they definetely don't look and act like a rookie group. I wouldn't have guessed they were one if someone would have shown me the video without telling me.. And that song, wow!! ''Domino Game'' is a really fierce and powerful song and I really love it. Not only are the voices superb, the lyrics are also so strong and empowering! I love these kind of songs and I recommend everyone to listen to it. I'm soooo happy I found this gem and I will keep looking for them in the future.
The video isn't that special, but the dance looks so cool and professional!

































27.01 Spica - You don't love me
Next is another strong release. Seriously, the members have so much soul in their voices, it's awesome!! The song is pretty retro and so is the video. But OMG the video is soo awesome. It's supposed to be sexy, but at the same time it's freaking funny. At the end it gets soooo crazy.. xD

































12.02 Bangtan Boys - Boy in Luv
Bangtan Boys are back with the song Boy in Luv. Even though it sounds a bit like a normal love-song it is actually a very powerful song. Seems like I mostly like the powerful K-pop songs.. ;)
But this one, damn it's sooo freaking awesome!!!! It gets me hyped up! xD
The video is okay I guess. Dance is pretty strong but the story is a bit lame/ odd... Well, not everything can be great, right?





















13.02 SM the Ballad
SM the Ballad, consisting of SM Ent. best singers finally returned with a whole different line-up. Or actually, they don't even have a real line-up because there are different performers in every language for both songs ''Breath'' and ''Blind''.

Breath
This song was released first and is actually a really beautiful piece of music. Since ballads aren't my favourite genre I guess I won't listen to it that much.
The Korean version is sung by Jongyhyun (SHINee, the only original member) and Taeyeon (SNSD). They sound pretty good and I really like this version:



The Chinese version is sung by Chen (EXO) and LiYin. Wow, this version is even better and these two sing together sooo well!



Lastly, the Japanese version is sung by Changmin (TVXQ) and Krystal (Fx). Well, this version is actually the worst in my opinion. I mean, I like Changmin's voice, but I kind of don't like Krystal here.. Oh well..



The rest of the videos consist of Changmin's drama.. or something.. I don't know what it is, but he's there and acts..



Sooo dramatic :o




Blind
This is the second song and it's another ballad (what a surprise). Oh well, and it is pretty boring in my opinion. I mean, Breath was cool, but this isn't something for me.. Sorry..

The Korean version is sung by Yesung. WTF, Yesung??? What??? o.O


The Japanese version is sung by... *surprise* YESUNG.. WTH? Okay, I didn't see that coming at all. xD


Well, at least the Chinese version is sung by someone else: Zhoumi.. Wow, how cool is that! I love his voice and this is actually my favourite version (nothing against Yesung and also, the song is still boring..).






Changmin: Drama is about me again I guess..


Changmin: And I'm sad..


I'm everywhere!!

Lol, sorry but I think it's funny that Changmin is in every drama. xD Talking about him, I'm sorry but I don't really like both of TVXQ's songs.. I hope they release something special again soon!! :)



17.02 Sunmi
Sunmi is back once again.. Yeyyyyy!! And even though this song is still very r'n'b groovey and of course sexy, it's a bit slower and more quiet. It has a very beautiful and sensual melody.. well, except for the rap. In my opinion it's a bit unnecessary, but yeah.. It's still a great song. I'm so happy that Sunmi gets these awesome songs!! xD
Also, the video is pretty DARK and spooky. Sunmi is a vampire and she looks so creepy in some scenes.. :'D








































20.02 T-ara - First Love
T-ara is back with another ballad. Well, but actually I like this song soo much more than SM the Ballad's songs.. ''First Love'' has a spanish feeling with the instruments and is actually very sad and edgy. Perhaps it's just the voices, but I kind of really like this song!
The video just shows the 3 members + the rapper recording the song.. But it's actually interesting and Jiyeon looks sooo cute here.. xD

















Sooo and that's it. xD
I'm proud that I ould write about so many songs and I'm happy that I found a few awesome tracks. I wiil continue to keep open my eyes for new gems in the k-pop industry!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment