Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best of 2013 - K-pop

Well, this year of music has been pretty interesting. I already talked about the 48group releases, so let's now concentrate on the Korean music!
Okay, so I really want to follow Kpop, but it's just so hard as I don't have enough time. I couldn't talk about every song I wanted to talk about, and I'm happy I thought about the K-pop Wrap-ups, as they are a good way to still talk about these songs! I hope to continue with them next year, too until there's nothing left that impresses me (which hopefully won't happen!!). But let's now talk about the K-pop songs that were the best of 2013 (in my opinion).

Girls Day - Expectation/ Female President



Girl's Day really impressed me this year and I LOVE both of these songs. They are just so full of confidence and I actually think the sexy image fits them really good! These are also two awesome songs I love to dance too.. xD

BEG - Kill Bill



Yep, this comeback was definetely awesome. Perhaps not as awesome as some of their earlier works, but it's overall one of the best releases of this year!! The video is really exciting, and it's cool, that they used the Kill Bill story in it. xD Lots of fighting scenes, oh yeah!!

Lee Hyori - Bad Girl



Lee Hyori's comeback surprised everyone.. including me. This song + video is just so awesome and individual.. Especially the whole feminism thing. Thanks Hyori for this awesome comeback!

ChoColat - Black Tinkerbell



A unerrated song! I don't know Chocolate that well, but this song just has so much emotion and is so dark,  I love it soo much.. I will defintely watch out for them!

EXO - Growl



Unddoubtly this has been EXO's year!!
I like this a lot more than Wolf, especially for ist rather slow and rhythmic beat. It's not chaotic like many K-Pop songs nowerdays. No, it's smooth and shows the talent of the boys clearly!!

SHINee - Everybody



And there I thought SHINee won't release an awesome title song any more this year.. well, until Everybody of course (their Album tracks were awesome before!). Such an amazing song, I especially love Minhos parts.. **

VIXX - Hyde



VIXX totally rocked this year!! But I really like Hyde a lot more that Voodoo Doll, even though both Songs are freaking cool! Hyde is just so dark and creepy and gaaah, it's soo cool!!

2PM - A.D.T.O.Y



Oh right, I almost forgot that 2PM had a comeback. Well, I looped this song soo much, and I still really like its sexy tone.

T-ara - Number 9



T-ara really showed why they are so popular with this amazing dance track. I really love the song!

Kara - Damaged Lady



And this is the last featured song, but nevertheless it is a very cool and confident song.

I honestly really like these songs, but somehow I really lost a bit of interest in Kpop. There are so many groups and they get more every year. Also in my opinion K-pop got a lot more Americanized last year. You know, I love a few English phrases, but after Psy's succes it seems to me as if everyone only releases their music for the international fans and to me it seems as if K-pop isn't even that succesful in Korea itself.
Well, as you can see there are still a few songs I really like but I'm not concentrating that much on the groups anymore..
Sadly Big Bang didn't have a comeback this year.. Oh right, that's another thing that annoys me: the newer groups all have thousands of comebacks, while the older and bigger groups just have one or no comeback the whole year.. So as a Big Bang and Super Junior fan, the year sucked for me. Okay, all the members of Big Bang had individual comebacks which was great and Super Junior had their two japanese releases. But honestly, I am so bored by ''Blue World'' and the only reason why I want to review it is Heechul.. But enough of that now. I listen to music, because it makes me happy, and these groups still make me happy even if I only listen to their older songs. I'm all happy with the songs I like, so I look forward to the next year!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment