Monday, June 2, 2014

Juujika - The creepy side of Tokyo Girls' Style

Tokyo Girls' Style will release their album this week, so I guess I should review their latest single BEFORE that! Yep, I will now review Tokyo Girls' Style's 16th single Juujika ~Eiga “Gakkou no Kaidan -Noroi no Kotodama-” Version~  which was released on May 21st (and sadly sold a lot worse than I thought -.-).



Judging from the title already, this is actually the title song of a new horror movie starring the TGS members themsef! So, will this be a creepy song because of that?
Well, the song does sound a bit horror-esque. I don't shiver listening to this song, but it IS creepier than some of TGS other songs though it follows the 'mature' concept they usually have. The beginning of the song is actually pretty interesting as it's very quiet with only a few harps and other quiet instruments. But the beat follows pretty soon and the girls start to sing. Actually, the song is pretty darn good! It's a dark song, I love dark songs and the chorus is catchy! Once again I have to admit that the members have very decent vocals. Only Ayano has solo lines in this songs, but actually she has the deepest vocals so she fits the song's theme the most!! So yeah, this is a really good song in my opinion!
But can the PV compete with that? 


In the first shot we see Hitomi in a long, white dress. Is that your wedding dress, Arai?
And she has a chain?


Seems like she's not the only one in a white dress and with chains.
And Yuri, what is that next to you?


A creepy animal?


Mei looking beautiful!


Ayano with a white tree..


.. and even Miyu is wearing a white dress.


Uh, Hitomi even has a veil and a red rose..
Seems like she's pretty INNOCENT.


Ah, right. Doing the same thing like on the cover..


WTH? Hitomi sees herself.. on a cross and with black clothes?


Crosses everywhere.. Well, Juujika means cross after all. ;)


The gap between the black clothes with the crosses and the white dresses with the red curtains is pretty nice!


Again what's that animal doing there? It's freaking me aout a bit.
But Hitomi and Mei are cute together.. (still, it freaks me out that the animal is behind them!)


Ayano and Yuri?


So you wonder why the chains are there, too, Hitomi?


Yeah, this shot is nice (except for the black animal).


Seems like everyone has a veil now.. And I really love how fast the scenes change (though it's hard to take screen shots..)


Ah, right. It was Yuri!


Aaaaw, these smirks! Such an awesome shot..


The black clothes look so cool!


And there are actually many Christian elements. But it doesn fit the song..


The dance also looks pretty cool.


Wait, crosses??? xD
Seems like the clothes reveal more skin than I thought..


They even do a cross..


Awesome shot of Mei. And Miyu is all badass in the background!


Oh, you can even look through the clothes.. o.O


But there are still scenes with the white dresses^^


Meiiiii :3


Miyu!! They all look very beautiful..


Hitomi on the cross again.. Now that's a bit creepy..


But the black animal is creepier.. ugh..



Hitomi and Mei looking fabulous!


No, save tthe girls from the animal!!


Yuri isn' shown that much.. But she's rocking the dance shot!



So everyone's on a cross now?


No, Yuri is just casually showing her back..


Yuri: You don't like my back?


Epic dance shot!!






Yep, everyone's on a cross!


Arai, where are you going?
I think she looks different from the side..



Is that... blood?



Hitomi, what are you doing?


Hitomi: I will kill you!
Now that's creepy!


Miyu's eyes are very beautiful. And symbolism, yeay..


The close-ups are beautiful.


Meiiiiiii *-*


Uwaah..



Now that looks more like a horror movie..


Go away from the animal, Ayano!


These steps look so sharp and cool..


Ayano: Be amazed!
I am!

Aaaah, no..


Ayano: Bye, bye..




Hitomi, what are you doing here?




Pretty cool..





And with that the song ends..


Hitomi: Oh, hi!! :D


She hugs... Hitomi??


Oh well, white and black Hitomi..


Black Hitomi: I'm evil!


I'm the animal..
Gaaah.. why??



Her red rose is getting destroyed.. Did she die?




THE END

Oh wow, what a great video, but that's nothing new for TGS I guess.. I love how the video fits the song and the whole cross theme so damn well. It's a very dark video and I love dark concepts the most. That style fits the girls so good, so it doesn't surprise me they are using it so often.. The Christian theme fits the title very good and I like how it is used through the whole video. The black animal creeped me a bit out but this is after all a horror movie song so no surprise about something creepy.. Hitomi is also pretty creepy is you ask me. Especially with the blood and at the end.. Damn, that ending though. So cool!

All in all a great release again! ''Killing me softly'' will be released on Wednesday and I will definetely check it out. ( I watched the preview and it's so great!!!) Right, and there's the original version of Juujika, so let's see how that one sounds!!
Yeah, yo can expect a review soon.. (But I still have to review Labrador Retriever and other stuff, so let's see when I will start with the album^^)

4 comments:

  1. Ayano.. Bye bye ?? hahahahaha looool hahaha , That animal is Kitsune Sama (fox :v ) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Kistune? Well, that's possible. :D
      Thanks for the comment and I'm happy I made you laugh ^^

      Delete
    2. I'm big fan Tokyo Girls' Style :3 is my favorite group <3 Ayano is my Favorite Idol :3 :3

      Delete
    3. That's great! I'm still a bit new to them :'D
      But damn, they are one amazing talented group. And Ayano's voice is so good :3

      Delete