Friday, June 6, 2014

AKB48 and dogs - Labrador Retriever

On May 21st AKB48 released their 36th single ''Labrador Retriever'' which is the voting single for their 37th single Senbatsu Sousenkyo! Today, one day before the Sousenkyo, I will review the title song of this single.

Cute theater cover with the lower 16 senbatsu members of the single. Kojimako and Naanya centers!

Yeay, I'm finally reviewing this. First, about the line-up: It's all the normal senbatsu girls and the super-pushed girls of every group (36 girls in total if you wonder). The whole Tentoumu Chu is there.. I'm even surprised they didn't include NakoMiku. ;) But instead there are also a few older girls like Love-tan, Mina and Lemon. I'm especially happy for Kitarie and I really hope she will come back to senbatsu for more singles!! (but I know it's kinda impossible because of the new gen) Also, isn't it ironic that Mayu is center of the song when she actually doesn't like dogs..

So, about the song now, I wasn't really hooked at all when I first listened to Labrador Retriever. I just thought it was so boring after the first live performance. But it's actually a very nice song and whole openeing is very beautiful. It kind of reminds me of these old french songs and I love how Akimoto used the instrumentals! It definetely isn't my favourite (AKB) song, but it's very relaxing and nice to listen to.
I bought the CD so I can actually enjoy this song in high quality and whenever I want!! *cough* 
But summer singles aren't all about the songs.. So put the bikinis on and watch the video!!


In the first scene we see a woman putting dog food into a dog bowl.
Oh, there's milk! I love milk..


Mayu dreaming of being the 1st in the upcoming election.


Let me say this at the beginning: I know the song is dog themed and so is the video, but I'm not the biggest fan of dogs.. :'D


And here it starts: The first and main dog. And a dress with shoes??? What does this say?


Mayuyu! The center of this song in a cute bikini. (Ironically ''Hikaru Monotachi'' started playing when I came to this picture. The power of Mayuyu!! xP)
Oh, and look at Sayanee's awesome stomach on the left!


Mayuyu: My minions, come to me!!
Japanese girls! Bikinis! Sand! Beach! Sea! Everything a summer video needs!!


This looks like Manatsu no Sounds good xD


Sasshi: That was two years ago!
Paru: Your kidding?
I know xD Nyan Nyan looks pretty funny


Mayu: Yatta! I'm the center..
Jurina: WTH? I don't even care..


They are all very skinny o.O


Sasshi: I'm here, look at me!!
Takamina: Pfff.. What?
Lol, Takamina's expressions are amazing as always..


IS IT FARTING??


Mayu: NO, it is running.
Sasshi: Yeah, but where does the smell come from?
Jurina: Aaah, the sun is so hot. And I'm hot, too of course! ;)
Takamina: I'm the best! I'm making my own shadow!!


I really like the pastel colours of these bikinis way more than the colourful ones last year! Everyone looks great! And Jurina has a REAL bikini????????


The background is soooo beautiful! I wanna go there!!


Oh yeah, Mayuyu Oshiri.
After all, she has a really nice butt xD And at least one half of the Oshiri sisters is still there.. (*sniff* let's not think about Yuko now)


Paruru!! I really like that hairstyle on her.


Paruru, Jurina and Yuihan eating Hot Dogs. Hor ironic... :'D (sorry, I'm laughing pretty hard right now...)


Paruru: Is that real dog?
Jurina: Nah, Paru. Don't be silly..
Yuihan: Yummy!


Is Mayu only dreaming all this or what?


Yeay, awesome Yuki!! Her bikini looks also great..
Haruppi and Nagisa though.. Well, those look more like underwear or pyjamas.. xD


Takamina is so tiny, muahaha.
Takamina; Don't underestimate my power!!
Also, too many girls in one video..


Nyan Nyan!!


Well, that's pretty mean, girls.. Poor Takamina!


Yeay, Rena and Yuria are eating ice-cream..


Ricchan: What is this???
Yuria: Are you silly? That'y ice-cream..


Oba and Sayanee oppai. BOOBS!!
Akarin: What did you say? :o
Sayanee: I'm awesome!!
Mio: What's boobs?


Yuki beaing sporty???


So the frisby also has some special effects?


Woohoo, Akarin looks athletic..


Sayanee: Haha, everyone's s funny!


Sasshi, that's pretty mean.
Meru: Arrrgh, water!!!


Aaaaaw, Sakura-tan! Some bikinis are really cute. Especially the ones with the ribbons..
Akarin is all hyper as always.
Nana: I don't wanna be here!!!


They are doing dog poses now.


Sasshi: It looks, like I have boobs.. Muahaha.
But you don't have boobs.. xD
And Yuria looks pretty tanned next to the others..


Mio: Aaaaa, the sun. I'm dying!!!


Girls <3


Run, dog, run!


Mayu is still sleeping..


Sakura: Wan!
*-* Cutie!!
Mina: I'm also here!
Juri: Yatta, I'm in senbatsu!!


Okay, Matsui Rena's bikini really looks like underwear.
And Kato Rena's swimsuit is nice, I like it.. even though it isn't a bikini ;)


Yui: Look there, the sun!
Jurina: Where? 
Paruru: Oh, what's that?


The dog found its way to them..


Paru: No, you can't eat the Hot Dog.
The dog can't eat the Hot Dog.. HahahahaHA.. :'D


Now speak with it, Jurina! I mean, she does good dog monomanes doesn't she?


Unnecessary hearts.. Yeayy..


Yeah, because everyone looks like that when they sleep.


Adult Formula Dog Food?
With Mayuyu???


You can cleary see who is young and who is old because of the bikinis. I mean, Kojimako on the right is 17 and Sayanee on the left is 20.


Parurus Hot Dog is burnt??
And Jurina, aw *-*


Huh?


Paruru: What's that??


Ah, so Mayu is the dog? Or the dog is Mayu?


Jurina: You know what Paru, I really wanna kiss you right now!
Paru: Jurina?
Dog: I'm still here, too!!


So the dog runs away now. Will they follow it?


Nagisaaaaa~
And look at the back, Takamina is clinging to Jurina.
Minami: Haha, you're so funny!


Nice dance.


Our three ice-cream girls.


So the dog found them, too?


Noooo. Why is the dog licking Rena's ice-cream?


This isn't good for the dog!
Ricchan: NOOOO. That's my ice-cream!


Ew, so Rena is licking the ice-cream AFTER the dog licked it??
Yuria: What a cute dog!


Girls in a truck!
And the license plate says ''Dog-48'' LOL.


Miki, Mako, Ow. Nana and Ok. Nana.
Three musketeers + Nana.. the most pushed of the pushed.


Sasshi: Who's disturbing me now, while I'm teasing my juniors?


Meru: Look, a dog!
Mio: I wanna hug it!!!
Sasshi: Cute~ *glancing to Mio*


Lemon also has a swimsuit. And looks adorable!!
Yeay for Kanon's ribbon!


So Takamina is still under the sand?


How mean!!!


Milky: Dog wait!!
Miichan: Waiiiit!
Nyan: Ugh, I don't wanna stand up..


Nyan: Well, I guess I can't be helped. I hope I didn't forget anything.. *grabs shoes*


Takamina: Guys!! You forgot me!!


Cute dog poses!!



Remember what I said about Yuki not being sporty?
And how come the other members aren't here when they wre all following the dog?



Akarin: I love dog!
Sayanee: Cute dog?
Yuki: Eh, hi dog!


Yuki is afraid of dogs?
Just like Mayu.. xD


And the dog has three new followers!


I guess, I like Renacchi's swimsuit the best!! :) It's cute.


Nana on the left.. haha xD
Haruppi, Yuihan, Annin, Nao!!


Since when could Lemons take photos?


Annin: Peace!
Mina: Uh yeah, gagster swag!!


And the dog comes..
OMG!! Lemon has freaking lemons on her dress!!!! SO cute!!!!! :3


Why is everyone so surprised to see a dog? Do they know it's Mayu?


The other girls arrive.. finally..


The bikini girls from a different angle.


DOG!


How come Minami is here now and doesn't have any sand in her hair etc..??
Takamina: Like I said before, don't underestimate my power!!
Yuihan: There, DOG!


And the dog is forever alone..


Jurina is like the boss of the group.


Jurina: Deal with it.


Jurina: I'm awesome!
Mayu: I'm better!


Jurina: Come on Mayu, you know the truth!
Mayu: Yeah, I'm the best!


Jurina: Mayuyu!!
Mayu: Oh, Jurina!!!
Are you shipping them already?? ;)


Jurina: OMG, is that me?? With MAYU?


Paru: HeheheheHE. What's happening?


Akarin: OMG, this can't be true.
Yuihan: Whut?
Jurina: Oh no..
Takamina: I don't understand this.
Ryouha: It's so hot here, isn't it..


Jurina: That's... us?
Mio: Sun in my eyes...
Sayanee: But.. why?
Takamina: Am I always that tiny?
Mayu: But where am I?
Ricchan: *forever alone*


OMG, Haruna looks so tall next to the others. Especially Miorin.


Yuki: Well, I look pretty good.
Jurina: I don't look bad either.


Jurina: Jurina!!
Jurina staring at Jurina like that is pretty weird..


Dog with its followers.


So they start running now? Ok..
Annin: I must stay clean.. *looks to the ground*


So now they aren't shocked anymore but rather exited/ happy??


Oh.. OH.. They were all DOGS??


We love dogs!


Ah, right.. The members jumping on themyelves..


Takamina^2, Jurina^2, Mayu^2, Sasshi^2, Paru^2 and Haruna^2.
Sorry, I doubt they will be the Top5. Yuki and Rena have a much better chance..


Mayu and... Mayu!


Lol, it looks funny how they are doing the same positions.
Jurina is perfect!!


Paru & Paru.


Jurina licking... Jurina???? :O
Seems like the Jurina dog is as perverted as Jurina.. Can't be helped xD


Takamina: Such a heavy dog..
Mayu: With Sasshi's hand I can survive the dog attack.
Sasshi: Mayu.. my hand.. outch...


Dogs everywhere..




I love how perfect Milky is dancing as a contrast to all the girls with dogs, who don't care for the dance anmore..


Yuki: I still hate dogs and you look crazy..
Dog: Wan?


Aw, Nagisa has a really big dog. :D
Love-tan: Uwaaah, get it away from me..


Muahaha, Lemon at the far right is running like crazy from the dogs.. xD


Right, in those scenes weren't the girls, but DOGS! So the dogs were really eating Hot Dogs!! XD


Dogs can also be mean..


Cute!


Dogs and Ice?


Sporty dogs.


And OMG, the little dog ahs a camera!!!!! xD


But was it all a dream??


Well, the dog is in Mayu's room..


Mayu: WAN!
*shock* That bark was a real bark!!


And a beautiful ending scene with a few girls and their dogs while the sun sets..

Weel, I have to say that this video was pretty... interesting! Of course there was much fanservice (girls in bikinis, playing with dogs etc.) but there was also a story line. Okay, it was pretty weird, since the girls ina ctual clothes seemed to be dogs in reality. But honestly, Jurina licking Jurina didn't freak me out as much as it did to some others. Who if not Jurina?? xD And it's totally logical because she was actually a dog. Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of dogs, but it was nice, how the girls were interacting with (or running away from) the dogs at the end even though, the dance was messed up because of that.. ;) The only thing I don't really like, is that some of the girls weren't shown much or at all.. It's hard because they are 36 girls, but it would have been nice if everyone would have gotten a scene...

But yeah, I think it is a nice summer video and goes along well with the rather slow song. No really bright colours and a more relaxing feeling. That sets this release apart from other summer singles of AKB48. Of course it isn't their best, but I like the idea behind it and enjoy it!!

But now I will go to sleep. I'm so exited for tomorrow!!!! :D

2 comments: