Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jekyll and Hyde


Today I'm going to talk about a group I never listened to before. I really don't know much about them but their latest song impressed me so much, so here they are: VIXX!!!
Actually, I have a friend who totally loves this group. But I'm still not too found of the latest rookie groups and I don't have enough time to check all of them out.. Seriously, there are sooo many rookie groups... But now, VIXX grabbed my attention and I don't think I will let them go soon. I'm still new, so I don't really now anything about them except for that they debuted in 2012 and have six members.  But now I will learn more about them.
 
 
The song that made me fall in love with them was ''Hyde'' from their first mini-album with the same name. The title alone is pretty interesting. It's named after the book ''The strange case of Mr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde''. They are actually the same person with Jekyll being the good side and Hyde the bad side of their personality (personality disorder all the way!).
To show this in the song, there is a pretty dark tone to it. It even sounds a bit creepy to listen to. The lyrics also help to create the dangerous Hyde image:
 
I only know you alone (that’s all a lie)
You know me (no, you don’t know)
I am both Jekyll and Hyde, don’t run away from me
 
I’m not a bad person, I love you
Don’t give me those scared eyes
There is a different person that’s not me inside of me
There’s a different me that’s not me inside of me
 
Here we see, that the person is struggeling because he's both good and bad inside (Jekyll and Hyde). Of course it's also about a girl, but I really like how the person wants to be nice to her and then suddenly thinks about bad things because of his ''Hyde'' inside.
 
I also have to talk about the video. Really, this video shows the whole story again!!! It's dark and creepy.. But look for yourself:
 

Uh, it already begins creepy with this dark background and the snake (although i actually think the snake is quite cute).


Lavi (right?) Begins the song with some Engrish but we can forgive him because the song is so awesome.. He looks quite interesting (but I get a Spock vibe.. XP)


The dance is really, really good. I like how the members express themselves.


Leo's long hair fits this concept SO good..


Uaah... This make-up is creepy..


Here they all have white clothes. The dance is still cool..


Leo looks even creepier with this outfit..


He goes to the girl..


Girl doesn't know what's happening behind her.


Ken Looks pretty nice with this white suit..


.. but with the black one he looks dangerous.


Spider... :D It looks cool..


He follows the girl and his bad side probably wants to hurt her..


Cutie N.. *-*


Uaa... creepy N.. :o


Hyuk looks gooood..  :)


Hongbin looks the creepiest until now.. o.O


Hyuk struggels... His bad side is showing.. uuuh..


N: High five!
Ravi: *concentrates* Yeay..


The chorus!! It's amazing.. And the dance is cool..


I really like how they hold their arms to prevent them from doing something bad (Jekyll vs Hyde).


In the dark forest.. creepy... but I like the outfits.


Hongbin: Hold me! I'm scared!
N: Of course, I'm here for you!


The quality of the visualy and the dance is amazing, I can't praise it enough.. :D


Everything is fine when they are wearing white clothes.


But when they turn into black ones it gets creepy..


Ken looks already crazy..


Leo also has a creepy make-up scene..


Lol..


This time Ravi is clinging onto N.. well, he looks pretty aggressive..


Aww.. a cute couple..


That's also kinda cute..


Leo: Muahhahaha..
that's creepy..


Hyuk looks like Batman..


Ravi: I can't~


Now it gets dangerous for the girl.. N throws her away..


Leo wants to kill her..
Hyde is finally showing up fully..


Eeew....


Okay, so the black wings probably represent his evil side..


But Hyuk even looks good when he's evil..


N also gets his wings..


he looks like a fallen angel.. Seriously, the quality of the video is awesome!


Ravi looks dangerous..


But the most dangerous is Leo.. I mean, he almost killed the girl..


And the hair! THE HAIR! It makes him look like an evil Vampire.


Lol at Ken trying to look dangerous..


What's with all these hugging-from-begind scenes??


Show them wings!!


''Just can't control''


Huh? What's this and why is it in the video?


Hongbin you cutie...


Bugs... ew...


The dance for a last time..


Ew.. what is that???
- THE END -
 
Wow, the video is really impressive. It shows the good side of the members (white suits) and the bad side (black suits). Their inner Hyde wants to hurt the girl, but their Jekyll tries to prevent him from doing that.. It's made very interesting and it's very dark and scary. But the whole Hyde concept works really, really good and is definetely something new in the k-Pop Scene.
 
Overall, I really like this comeback and I now will look after them a bit more. Who knows, perhaps they are the new Infinite???
 
 

 
Isn't he a cutie??? *-*

No comments:

Post a Comment