Saturday, June 15, 2013

Henry is trapped

Henry released his first solo Album ''Trap'' on June 7th. This is the first time for a Super Junior-M member or even Super Junior member in general to release a whole solo Album.
 
 
Henry is a really talented but underrated member. Like seriously, he's SOOO underrated and there are so many people that hate him! He isn't even korean so I'm very happy he now has the chance to shine on his own now. Well, almost. In his title track ''Trap'' there are two other people we all know: Kyuhyun and Taemin. They are probably only there to help him promoting the album but as much as I like both, I somehow think it's unnecessary. Except for a few hardcore Kyuhyun and Taemin fans I don't think so many more people will buy it because of that.
 
''Trap'' begins with a beautiful piano piece, played by Henry himself (as I said before, he's pretty talented). After whispering ''I'm trapped'' the song goes on with a faster piano Piece until the beat comes and the song really starts. As a whole the song is of course a pop song but with a more  edgy sound due to the permenantly piano being played in the background and a powerful, but sad chorus. Henry's voice is made for this. He has a rather high voice but it fits so good with the sound and even his screams don't seem overdone. Taemin's voice also fits the song pretty good (he could also release a solo album.. or a sub-unit with Henry, what do you think?). Kyuhyun on the other side wasn't the best choice in my opinion. I mean, he's great and his voice is very good, but it doesn't match the Feeling. I don't know how to explain it, but I just don't care for his part so much. (It actually grew on me, but the rest is just better^^).
 
The video is okay. For Super Junior standards it's pretty good, but it's still a bit boring (I guess.. if you don't love Henry as much as I do, because he's awesome here).

 
 

The mentioned piano part.. Henry is a pro ;)


Woow, a box that actually looks like a room.. With an unreal sky.. :/ But the colours match the song..


Mocchi!!!! Why are you looking so sad??


Yeay, new location. It looks like a dance studio. But of course there's also a piano.. And a few guys are chilling there..


Showing emotions!!!
 

Guys are dancing to the piano sound.
Men in the front: What am I doing??


Oooooh, Henry being all rebellious and stepping on the piano.


Henry: I'm grown up, you know?


He's even dancing on the piano..


A Girl?? OMG, a Girl.. XP
But it's a ghost.


Henry: Here I come!!
Lol, he jumps so high.. XP


Wow he Looks really good here.. So serious and I love his eyes *-*


Henry: I'm a gangster!!
No, you're not!


Henry: Buuuuuuuuuut.. I want to be one!!!


It's getting dark here...


Men: Trying to drag Henry away
Henry: Nooo! I wanna stay here!!!


Taemin: Ayoooo.. Here I am..


Henry: Hey! Stay away from my Video!!


Henry: ...or I will kill you my sexy single lid eyes!!


Henry with an angry look now..


Henry: *throws cage* Uwaaaaah!


Taemin: Do you have a poblem??


Henry: Yes! Go away!


Taemin: Ooookay... You will be nothing without me!!


Henry: I can't..


Henry falls to the ground..


Random Girl, what are you doing here??


Henry: This necklace is the only Thing I've keft from her!! Taemin stole her from me!!


Henry: Oooooh, why is life so hard??


The Gangster Comes..


Kyu: Stop! Calm down!
He looks cooool :D (even though I don't really like his part)


Kyu: What's wrong with my part??


Henry: I don't care.. Just stay away from my video and let me be sad over the girl!!


Leaving the burning piano.. like a boss..


Kyaaaah!!


The dance with the fabric is so funny.. XP


Mature Henry is driving a car. You shouldn't drive when you're angry..


LOL.. Now they're throwing the fabric..
Taemin: Waaah, I can flyy~
Henry: I will get it.. wait, wait for it..
Kyu: *sigh* This is boring!!


Taemin: Bye, bye..
Kyu: You will see us again!!

Henry is back on the piano.. -The End-

Okay, so at least the video wasn't all typical with only dance shot and solo shots, it had lots of interesting shots where he's sad over the girl and funny shots where he Looks all angry (okay, it shouldn't be funny, I know..).
But still, it isn't the most interesting video ever. Due to the fact that I love Henry it was obviously good. *fangirl* It also had a few fail expressions wich was funny.. Oh, and the dance is awesome (I had to mention it once).
Together with the song, I think Henry's solo debut is pretty awesome!!
The whole album is very good. :D

Thanks SM for this amazing debut :D

No comments:

Post a Comment