Monday, May 21, 2018

Nogizaka46 being epic with Influencer

Are you ready for a review? I didn't write one in almost half a year, so let's do this

Today I'm going to review Nogizaka46's Influencer. It was released in March 2017 and it was their first single that sold 1 Million copies! CONGRATS! I feel like this single established them even more as a top Idol group! And on top of that it is one of my favourite songs of them ever.



I'm so in love, I just had to put these two covers (the other covers are cool too, btw). This is a double center of Maiyan and Naachan anyways, so it feels appropriate to show you both of these amazing women. It was really exciting to see this single being released in Japan, it was quite a hype. Nogi is so big right now, it's just so much fan to be a fan (if only I would've met Nanase though). I heard this song EVERYWHERE. Most people knew it and I just really love singing it at Karaoke!

Influencer is a fast dance number with some cool strings and awesome instrumentals in general.. Starting with lots of Bun Bun Bun, it gives an interesting first impression and an edgy vibe. While the verses are quite soft, the chorus is really dramatic and fast.. I like these kind of songs, because you have a nice build-up for the chorus. Here in particular I'm in love the melody and the voices. It makes sense to have more vocals in the chorus as it gives a full experience of what this group has to offer. The last chorus-y bridge starting with a quieter instrumental and Maiyan and Nanase's voices only, shows a different side and makes the end even more dramatic. The lyrics are, despite what some people think, not about the virus Influenza (it was quite strong in Japan though when this song was released). It's about a person who is an Influencer and how they are ''like the Earth and the Sun'', and one is always influencing the other. Maybe it is, after all, about the virus influencing people? Just kidding, but the lyrics are quite poetic and really well written.

Let's take a look at the video now:


It starts in a very big hall and we can see two people in the miidle


Of course, our lovely centers. Nanase and Maiyan!!


And here come all the members! I like the black&white styling


Wow, I'm in love with Maiyan's sharp face features. And the lipstick *-*


And Naachan looks so soft.. They are both so different, but they both represent Nogi equally


I'm in love with this style and these lipsticks


Beautiful Misa in the house


Damn, I can't believe Ashurin is all grown up (and even centered a single before)


Miona salutes Nogizaka forever


Manatsu is as funny as ever xD


Reika is still the most beautiful! She may not be my favourite member but I like her so much


Ikuchan and Sayuringo letting us know that this song is calles Influencer.. Thanky guys


Kazumi and IKOMAAAA (can't believe she graduated)



Yuri and Hina <3
Okay, this dance is simply amazing.. And so hard, I tried to do it


I can't believe I'm crying over graduated members now.. Why did you leave Marikaa?


This font looks like a cheap movie title



Why so serious Sayuri?


Uh, Maiyan at a different place now.. With some interesting plants in the background


And of course her bae Nanase is here too


These two are amazing.. And I love the purple light



Why so beautiful??


why are they doing that?


Awww innocent Ashu..


What are you doing kid?


Miona: We're not kids


Okay, so at first I wasn't sure how to feel about these outfits.. But I really like the colours and now I'm kind of digging them


Everyone looks cool in this video, even Manatsu


Wakatsuki looks almost sad though


So cool!


Aaaah Sayurin


And Ikuchan looks like a model



I love these women.. I would die for these women..


Dramatic hair


Okay, all of these stills are so beautiful, I can't


I want this picture of Sayurin everywhere


So cool..


I love these colours.. the mix of blue and purple might be my favourite colour combination


And the dance is so cool! I regret not learning everything of it when one girl was teaching it at the Idol club (she was amazing)


I would completely fail at this though


Short haired Naachan is so lovely


Even if it's only half of her face, you can simply tell it's Ashu


What are they doing at a bar though? Drinking?


So nice to see Kana in this single


She makes me laugh all the time, but here she is just really cool


Looking closer at the outfits, this is some fish scale look




They make it look so easy.. It's hard af


Finally some time to relax


No time to relax.. never


NAACHAN x PYNK


The high quality of this video


Ashurin touching Kazumi and Kazumi just ignoring her..


Who might this be?


Ashurin: I don't care.. I only want Kazumi


Kazumi: No


Sayurin looks like a doll


Ooooh it's Miona with her


Miona: No touching the Ringo please


Is that Manatsu with wakatsuki? Where is Wakasama's wife Reika?


Here she is.. (with Misa?)


A WOMAN!!


Marika looks like a vampire here XD


I like her being center.. and I like the outfits


Minami is a real doll though


Nice to see Hinako in this video. More 2nd gen representation



Marika looks so serious



YASSSS


This is some beautiful sh*t right here


I'm really digging Ikoma and Kana's looks in this



Who are you kabedonning?


Themselves?


Feeling the Ikoma loss right now


I mean WHAAAT


A SU KA!!


Finally, my girl Ranze *-*


Is Wakatsuki just laughing at Kazumi or is she evil?


Can you believe this beauty?


I'm in love with Naachan's hair!


More dancing! And some red light


Should I feel threatened?


I want Maiyan's skirt



Who are you?
Nanase: Oh come on..



Maiyan in purple light


And the shadows, wow


Step away


It's the double center we deserve!


I like how the outfits are slightly different in colour or shape


Cutie Asu


They are judging you


NICE


Stop, in the name of love!



This arm movement though


I simply love this group!


So fast..



WE ARE NOGIZAKA46!!




The end of the epic Influencer!

The video gives no clue as to what's happening in the song, but it's a masterpiece on its own. An epic dance with beautiful outfits and interesting colour schemes not only in the clothing but also in the background and the lighs? Count me in for it, this is absolutely amazing. Okay, I have been watching this video since it was released more than one year ago, but it still impresses me today!! The members look stunning and I like this classic look (and red lipstick for the win). The purple/ blueish outfits grew on me and I do like them a lot. Seeing the members doing this hard dance and looking so amazing made me respect them even more. I do understand why so many of them have modelling careers.. wow. Nanase made her sad look turn into a dramatic battle with Maiyan's sharp bitch-face. These two are like the two sides of one coin and I just hope we will see them like this for some time longer (I'm scared they are gonna graduate soon..). But everyone in this video was doing a great job!

That's basically it, I hope you could follow my thoughts. Definitely an epic song and video, Nogizaka46 at its peak!

No comments:

Post a Comment