Sunday, January 31, 2016

Best of 2015: Hello Project


Even though it's already the end of January, I will of course I also do an Best of 2015 of H!P!
2015 has been a very exciting year, with new groups, graduations and some very awesome singles.
So let's take a look at the individual groups:

°C-ute


C-ute is still staying strong and had their 10th anniversary in 2015. It's really awesome how long this group has been active now, especially since they didn't have any graduations for more than 6 years now. Since Sayumi graduated in late 2014 and Berryz went on their hiatus, C-ute is now the group with the oldest members. Seniority wise they are ahead of Momusu now, which is why they are shown first. Adding to that, Maimi is the leader of the whole project.
C-ute only got two singles this year, of which one was their triple A-side anniversary single. I quite liked all their single songs, especially The Middle Management and Arigatou Mugen no Yell. But what excited me even more, was their 9th album °Cmaj9, which was released in late 2015. This is one fantastic album, and I especially like the songs Urayanjau,  Yokaze no Message and Jounetsu Ecstacy.
Overall I'm really, really happy with their releases this year. C-ute has been doing great and I hope they will continue.. Though I'm a bit afraid of them disbanding.. The group performances are still top, but Mai has been lacking a bit lately. I don't have a problem with that, but I hope she doesn't feel to uncomfortable or anything and wants to leave the group. Well, we will see..

Morning Musume '15


In 2015 we had Morning Musume '15. From the beginning on, we could finally see the 12th gen in action. They are a really nice gen, and I especially like how they have been pushing them all quite a bit. I like Miki the most, but all of them are adorable. We also saw the graduation of Sayashi Riho, which came very sudden and is still a big shock.
Momusu's first single of the year didn't amaze me thaaat much. But their other singles were both simply perfect, which means I like all the songs a lot!!! Especially Oh My Wish, which was finally showcasing other members more and Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi which was the best goodbye for Riho ever. I'm pretty sad though, that they didn't release a last album with her.. :/
As you may now, they are starting the auditions for 13th gen now, but I hope they will wait for one or two singles until they add them! But I'm sure Momusu will continue being awesome..

Angerme



Ooooooh Angerme!!!
This was the first year after their member change and the addition of the 3rd gen and it was great! Angerme has released only memorable songs (notable Taiki Bansei, Nana Korobi Ya Oki, Desugita Kui wa Utarenai) and they were seriously rocking this year. their live shows are amazing and they are just getting better and better. You can also see how well the members get along. Sadly, Fukuda Kanon graduated from the group in November and Tamura Meimi announced hers shortly after.
But on the happy side, the new member Kamikokuryo Moe was added to the group.
Because of that I'm really looking forward to Angerme in 2016, and I hope we will see a lot of Meimi in her remaining time in H!P.

Juice=Juice


I didn't follow Juice=Juice a lot, and they only released one single and an album. Well, the album was pretty good and I also liked Ca va Ca va a lot. But overall, I just didn't see a lot of them. Of course, they are still an awesome group, but the other groups were just overshadowing them!
2016 already looks promising with their new single coming up, though I hope Tomoko will take care of her health!

Country Girls



Reformed on 2014, Country Girls only really started in 2015. I learned more about them and started to love them a lot. They are a really adorable group with lots of cute members... and Momochi, haha.
Jokes aside, Momochi is actually a really good leader for this group and she loves all the members so much, which is awesome to see. Sadly, only after their first single Uta left the group and they were down to five members. I really liked Uta, so that was shame, especially sinc eit was so suddenly. But the two new members Yanagawa Nanami and Funaki Musubu were added two the group at the end of 2015 and they are also really adorable and perfect for this group! (I have a feeling, I might become a big Funakki fan!!)
Country Girls only released two singles and I especially liked Itooshikute Gomen ne and Wakatteiru no niGomen ne (they had a lot to apologize for XD).
Their new single will be released soon, and I'm already really excited!

Kobushi Factory


Kobushi Factory was only formed in the beginning of 2015, but they still had a really, really exciting year. They released their first indies DVD-single and even had their major debut shortly after. I really like how amazing their voices and performances are, especially since they are such a new group. They simply improved so much, which can be seen in Nen ni wa Nen (Nen'iri ver) compared to their idies counterpart song. All of their songs are really cool and powerful, which is so cool to see.
They have the talent, the looks, the personalities... simply everything! This is probably also why they got rewarded with the Best newcomer at the Japan Record Awards!! When I heard that, I actually had to cry, because I'm so happy everyone can see how hard these girls worked in 2015!!
Their new single set to be released in February also sounds sooo epic and I can't wait to see more of this group. They are definitely a new favourite for me.

Tsubaki Factory


Here we have the second new group of 2015. Even though they were announced just shortly after Kobushi, they still didn't have their major debut. Well, I don't know them that well as of yet, but compared to Kobushi they were a bit lacking in terms of performance. By now even I can see that they have improved, and they are really a lovely group. Their first two indies singles were also pretty cool, since they seem to go more into the electronic direction. I really hope to see them having their major debut in 2016 and to get even better!!

Since I love all the members and songs so much, I don't really want to do a ranking.. Perhaps sometime in the future I will be ready for H!P rankings. Well, I actually did a post about my favourite members here, so check that out if you're interested. :)

WIth that, goodbye! Let's hope for an amazing 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment