Friday, February 13, 2015

The MCZ vs KISS battle - Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina

About time that I write about Momoclo again.. It has been way too long since the last time. :o
Today I will review the collaboration single ''Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina'' of Momoiro Clover Z and the rockband Kiss.


Like most of the Japanese Idol fans already know, Momoiro Clover Z teamed up with Kiss and they released a single together. This surprised me a lot at first, but I mean: who if not Momoclo? xD There was a prtty big hype around the whole thing, especially since they were doing this as a battle theme with the whole Momoclo VS Kiss. Needless to say, since they announced it, I have been really excited for this single. I even watched the documentary of this collaboration and it was interesting to the whole progress of making the song and it was of course funny to see them finally meeting.
Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina starts with some epic drums and continues with a more rockish guitar sound. The whole song is featuring these guitars, but there are also some Japanese sounds in the background. You can hear the KISS influence in the instrumentals. While Momoclo is singing the whole song, the KISS members are doing the backvocals in the refrain. This sounds really interesting and I like the KISS influence. But honestly, Momoclo has been featuring more rockish sounds in many songs before, so it still sounds like them. Well, in my opinion Paul Stanley did a really good job in making this song, even though he probably didn't have that much experience with Idols before. xD Well, this sounds really cool, though I have to admit that I wasn't hooked immediately. But now I really love the song. *-*

Now it's time to look at the video of this song:


It starts with these interesting gates. Here we have the golden (yellow? xD) one in front.
And on the sides are some pink (momoiro) flags. :D Oh and everything is drawn.


Pink gate with a heart (yeay Aarin XD)


Green, a frog? XD


Purple. These lightnings look really cool :D


And red is of course the biggest and looks like a gate of a palace. :o


The drawn Momoclo members are running!
Oh right, the artwork is by the same person who did the artwork for the Anime Kill la Kill (love that Anime btw).


And now they are falling into another world. (looks like this should be Japan?)


Momoka!! :D


Aarin <3


OMG, Shiorin is eating even here XD
Shiorin: I love food.
We know that . :D


Oooh, Reni is dying. XD


And finally Kanako. She loosk like she's having a hard time


Oh nooooooes, she's falling into the mouth of a KISS member. :O


Yeah, some writing.


The Cat guy on the drums.


The guy with the long tongue.


Who's this?


And Paul.


The girls seem to be afraid of KISS.


Momoclo VS KISS!! :D
I love the colours and everything *-*


Kanako is starting the song.


The drawing is pretty simple, but I like it^^


This looks really cute *-*


Yaaah, Momoka XD


Haha, Reni, what are you?


Tongue :O


This is really funny. I love the part where Aarin is doing these 'Ho, Ho, Ho' sounds. ^^


Waaah, a giant spider on KISSes side.
The girls aren't happy.



So they are playing Achi Kochi Hoi from the Jankenpon agme? That's cool xD


Yeaaahhh


Shiorin looks a lot like Mako (Kill la Kill). xD



Kanako has a brush. This looks awesome *-*



And now we have a see of colours.


Reni, your face XD


Aarin has all the power.


Momoka looks cool, too.


We will see their weapons in detail later. But I think it's really cool, how this actually looks like a battle.



The KISS members have some dark power. :o


They look eviiiil.


Momoka: In the name of love, I will punish you with this brush!


Sakura :D


Love :D


Dream :D


Kimi (you) xD


And flower (I've seen this Kanji before, but I'm more used to this one: 花).
I really like the use of some Kanjis here. Especially since I know them all xD


Noo, falling into the mouth again.
Kanako: Heeeelp!


This looks really cool. I like the drawing style a lot.




They do look a bit creepy.


Reni, WTF? XD
And Aarin with that 'Puni Puni' thing, OMG. XD




Notice how Momoclo's background is all colourful and KISSes is blaack and creepy.


We are creepy
Waaah, REAL Kiss :O


Even the fish is scared. xD


Paul: We are the best.




Momoka: Now, we are REAL, too!
I love how she's turning around and then she is the real one. :D


Shiori and Reni. There's something written about everyone and Shiorin's is the only one I can read: Minna no Imotou. XD


But I guess the rest has their usual stuff there (Aarin -> Idol etc)
Ayaka: Look at this, KISS!! Bluuuuh
Kanako: Have to stay serious! 
That brush looks cool on real life.


Green screen everywhere, but it looks cool :D


Reni: You baaad boy!
Paul: WTF does this little girl want.


We will win!


As if! Come here!


We will! :D
Loving that smile. ^^

Reni: HOI!
Such a child xD


Lots of Ten Ten xD
And I looooove the costumes. *-*


Shiorin <3


Kanako: Eh?



Momoclo wouldn't be Momoclo without some funny dances. The Japanese styled costumes are so cool. But there are also some blach & white influences from KISS, which is even more awesome.


This is Gene.


Eric


Paul of course^^


Aarin looks so freaking cute here. :3
Aarin: Aidoru desu kara.


And Tommy.
I'm cute too!


Aarin: I'm cuter. ;D
Oh yes. xD


The Power of MCZ!!


And the sun is back! It's on Momoclo's side only xD


Waah, those are some big KISS members. :o


All of them. The cat guy looks reall funny here. xD




Rotating members. Reminds me of Gounn.


Love this part the most.
And Aarin, your face. XD


Momoka is owning her lines.



That voice <3


Momoka: I know I'm awesome!



Shiori: And what's with me?? :o
Well, Shiorin has a very good voice, too (that gets even better!!) and I think compared to Momoka she is able to hold her pitch a bit better. Though Momoka has the more interesting voice range..

And now excuse me for a while, I have to fangirl for a bit: Kyaaah, Shiorin you are so cute and awesome and gyaaah *-*


But seriously, look at her xD


Shiorin: Yeah, I've got so much swag.
Oh, and I love her hair here. *-*


Momoka's backside looks cool.


Yeaaah, Shiorin has all that gold. XD


A guitar in between because why not?


What's this? A snake?


Aarin has a flower or something.



Yeay, Kanako's arm. :D


Wait, what is happening? :o


Now she has a new suit of armor :O


And it continues.. (with Z of course)


Waaah, this looks really cool.


Kanako: I'm a Samurai with a brush!


Momoka is the master of the birds. And I love that arrow. *-*


Shiorin has the fish of course. And she looks pretty epic here, doesn't she?


So I was right about the snake. xD
And she is saying 'Wind' at this part, so she has the power of the wind?
Her weapons look really cool. *-*


I still don't Aarin's weapon but she has the power of fire (and demon or dragon?).


Kanako: We will fighht together and we will win!



Oh now, the evil power comes back.





KISS: We are still here!



But Kanako is walking towards them now.


We will crush you!


Reni: Kanako, you cna do it!


Yes, Reni has some cool weapons there.
And Shiorin looks awesome. *-*


Aarin: I will crush you with my 'Puni Puni' power.
Aaalright xD And wow, that shoulder armor. :o


Kakkoi!!


Kanako: We are the strongest!


Yes, show'em where they belong to.


So she has a big Roppon on the back? Looks a bit like the backside of a Kimono.


Aarin: Puni Puni


Gaahahahahaha.
OMG, the height difference is epic



Paul is soo looking down on her.





Everyone looks worried now.


Kanako, you can do it!


What is he doing?


HIGH-FIVE!


A pact with the devil. :O

Wooooow, that was a pretty epic video. The drawn part at the beginning was cool, but I honestly liked the part with the real persons a lot more. It was especially interesting how they were preparing for the battle. Momoclo had lots of cool weapons and even a transformation. *-* But the KISS members looked also really nice, and they rocked this video, haha. xD Well, the main focus was still on Momoclo (and I like them a lot more)  and the members looked sooo amazing. The clothes were simply epic!!! In the end KISS and Momoclo got together through Paul and Kanako, which was very interesting. So it seems like there isn't a winner, which is okay for me. The height difference between Paul and Kanako is sooooo funny though. This isn't really a surprise, but it's still sooo hilarious. XD
So yeah, I'm really happy with this release and I'm already looking forward to their next single. ^^

Btw, I think with Kanako's new short hair she looks a bit like Kudo Haruka (Morning Musume '15), don't you think so too?

 Kanako

Haruka

Not the best examples, but I hope you get what I mean. They have some very similiar face features and now with the same hairstyle I think they look a lot alike.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment