Sunday, October 5, 2014

Yumemiru adolescence - Shoumei Teenager

A few months ago I reviewed the group ''Yumemiru Adolescence'' for the first time. I really liked their 1st major single ''Mawaru Sekai'' and the members seemed to be cool.
Last month, on September 9th they released their second single called ''Shoumei Teenager''

Rei, Kyoka, Karin, Yuumi, Akari 
(for those of you who aren't familiar with them)

I still don't know more about them, seems like they are still a bit unknown.  But I was definetely excited to see what they had in store next, since their first single was simply amazing.
I would describe ''Shoumei Teenager'' as a rather slow paced rock song. The chorus is more up-beat than the verses which leads to a very cool build-up. I especially really like the instrumental rock bridge before the last chorus. At first I wasn't too keen on that song, but it obviously grew on me and now I like it! It didn't leave a very big impression, but it's nice that they are somehow staying with th rockish sound. 
Now I will take a look on the video:


A member comes in at the beginning while we can read the name of the group.


I guess it's Karin. Damn, she looks very different and definetely older with straight hair and such a serious face. (normally she looks like a 12-year old.. even though she will be 19 in a week!!!)



Karin wears glasses now. She looks adorable! (How come Idols looks SOO good with glasses?)


A Japanese writing, I (sadly) can't read.


Booooooks.


Hey Akari! So you're wearing glasses, too?


Yeah, seems like everyone is wearing them.
Kyoka: Is that a puzzle piece?


:O Reiiiii! Wow, she definetely knows how to work these glasses.
Rei is amazing, isn't she? xD


Yuumi looks also great.


Karin: What do you want?


Song title on a puzzle. Nice. :)



Reiii! <3
The video looks very calm..


There are lots of still shots of random things.


Akari is starring at the apples. Is there something special about them?


A camera.


So Yuumi is taking pictures of herself?


But only parts of herself it seems..


All of them together!


Yeay, let's dance! And where's the glass coming from?


I think I like Yuumi's voice the most. Well, she's shining the most in this song.


Even more glass....


.. and the members changed clothes!


Oh, and the have heavier make-up now. Yuumi looks awesome!


Yeah, Karin definetely looks like a kid.
Rei: I can't believe I'm younger than her..




Wow, the effects are awesome! Everyone looks beautiful.


One thing, I'm actually not the biggest fan of these outfits. And Karin's hair here..


OMG, Rei looks sassy, haha. :D


And Karin's solo shot.


This looks hard.. xD


Kyoka is still starring at the puzzle piece.. :P


The apple is nowcut into two halves..


Akari: Should I eat it?


Yes!


Karin: OMG, did she just eat an apple.. with a fork?


Yuumi: Unbelievable!


Cuuuute!



Yuumi is putting the parts of her face together. Looks a bit artsy if you ask me..






Everyone is sitting in the same room and on the same desk..


Something broke? What is it?






OMG, these two screenshots together look so cool!





Yeah, as I said there are many stills..


Haha, Karin is definetely the most enthusiastic..



With the rokish instrumental break the dance shot changes to a dark setting.


Waah, this such a cool pic.


A dramatic running scene can't be missed..






These shots are simply amazing.



Love this dance step!



They are running into the light..


Yuumi!!! You're losing your clothes! :o



Yuumi: *gives the cold shoulder* I don't care.
OMG, first lollipops and now this, damn YumeAdo.



Yeah, straight hair is back! :D


Yeah, these shots look very natural and stuff.


Rei looks so beautiful!


This is one epic shot!


Karin, why are you looking so down?


Perfect! :D


And Rei.. She isn't even 17 yet, such a jailbait. :'D


And we won't talk about this kid..


A cool back shot to end the video..



And the completed puzzle. (yep, don't know what's written there)

This was definetely a very nice video. I really liked the still shots, that were mostly shown with the slows verses. The dance shot in the chorus was a cool change to that and I really like the dark make-up they had there. I don't really like the dresses, I prefer the casual clothes they wore. Or when they were naked in the end? Okay, they weren't really naked, but when I saw thatYuumi scene with her clothes flying away, I was like: WTF? But yeah, it's alright.. One thing, I somehow always end up mentioning their ages.. It's just that some of them don't look their age (Karin and Rei). And that happens very often with Japanese people, so it's interesting to see. ;)

Aaanyways, this is a nice release and I hope to hear from them again soon!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment