Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Never Ever will I forget about Jiyeon

Jiyeon from T-ara released her first EP ''Never Ever'' on May 20th and the title track of that album is called ''1 Minute 1 Second''!


First off, I totally love T-ara and Jiyeon just happens to be one of my favourite members. Actually I love her voice the most out of the group. I also really love her personality and most importantly her acting. She acts really good and looks stunning in music videos. (e.g. take a look at Pain Killer
All of this means that I am suuuuper happy she debuted as a solo artist now!! So let's see how her debut turned out.

''1 Minute 1 Second'' serves as the title track of the album and opens it. As a title track this is a very good choice. It's a rather melancholic/ dark song and has a sad sound. Jiyeon almost whispers in it and we can hear her taking a breath quite a few times which creates a somehow sensual feeling. The 'Never Ever' parts sound somewhat hopeless especially when you add the meaning. The whole meaning is sad, since Jiyeon can't live without her lover. Okay, there are many songs about unrequited love, but in this case it's a whole new level, since the lyrics are VERY depressive. Jiyeon of course shows the emotions very good in her voice. This is an awesome song, probably one of the best this year. Jiyeon debuting as a soloist can only top Jiyeon debuting with a great song, haha. But yeah, this is such a great song and I'm so happy for Jiyeon to have such a cool debut.
The title song of course has a video, so I will take a look at that now:


At the beginning we see a silhouette of Jiyeon in the water. The video is black & white which fits the song pretty good..


The camera zooms in...


... and we see Jiyeon leaning on the wall. She has a very sensual look on her face.


Oh, there's a coloured room with a clock.


Okay, so this cene is coloured now, too. But since Jiyeon is wearing black it still has the black & white effect.
I really like how the water is reflecting on the wall. Looks pretty cool.


Jiyeon looks beautiful. Her hair looks pretty wild/ chaotic, but I guess that's on purpose.


Her leeeegs! xD



So yeah, Jiyeon is dancing REALLY sexy here..


But she looks great..



I guess this is the story line. Jiyeon is waking up from her sleep.


Her room looks somehow chaotic, too.


This is supposed to be a mirror?


Wow, black-dressed Jiyeon transformed into white-dressed Jiyeon.


And she's dancing with her 'reflection' (that doesn't look like her at all).


Jiyeon nor cuts vegetables in her room.


She's focused on the cutting so much..


A fiiish..



Jiyeon looks crazy and ill here.. And the way she does all the things in her room.. looks so lifeless.


She's watering the flowers until the evening?


That's the chorus with even more sensual dancing..


I love how the scenes change from black clothes to white clothes.




Jiyeon is knitting now. She's finally smiling a bit :)




Everything begins again, Jiyeon wakes up on the next day.




She's doing all these things like a robot.. That's kinda creepy.


Uwaah.. mirror.


Jiyeon sees herself in the mirror. Did she think there was someone else?


By now it's clear she isn't okay. Something must be wrong.


Now this totally looks like a dream to me.


So Jiyeon is dreaming of someone.



But the next day comes and she continues her life like a robot.






Oh no! The flowers died.. Didn't she water it the whole day?




Jiyeon's expressions look so great. She defenitely know how to act depressive.


Ah, don't let the fish die. Is it raining?


Yeah, and there's someone via the 'over-the-shoulder-shot'.


He's carrying an umbrella..


Jiyeon is shocked. Notice how he's all in black and Jiyeon is in 'innocent' white.


Break down on the floor. I totally love rain in music videos.. xD



The guy leaves..


.. and leaves Jiyeon alone. She looks like she will start crying.



Oh my gosh.. So she was in a hospital the whole time? And not any hospital, this looks like a clinic for people with psychological problems! The break up with her lover destroyed her whole life, she's just living like a robot now. I guess she was put into hospital because she wanted to kill herself or wasn't able to live on her own. She must have some actual big problems.. Somehow the video, or rather Jiyeon's appereance reminds me a bit of the movie ''I'm a Cyborg but that's ok''. The protagonist in that movie also behaves like a robot, so Jiyeon is just a little more depressive version of her. Again, I have to applaud Jiyeon on her acting. She portrays this sad character so well, she's really good at playing these kind of characters.
The dance is nice, and I really like the black&white colour theme. I also don't think it is too sexy, as it protrays her longing for her lover in a more sensual way than the story, where she's like a robot.
The melancholic song definetely fits not only the dance scene but also the story line, which makes this title song even more amazing!

The mini album sadly only has 3 new tracks, which is a shame.. Well, let's hope Jiyeon will release soemthing again soon! The second track Yeouido cherry blossom street is a bit more upbeat, and has a relaxing summer feeling. I'm thinking of water, beach and summer dresses when listening to this song. :)
I would also recommend the third track Marionette. Here Jiyeon sings in a pretty dark voice in the verses and it's also a kinda edgy song though not as depressive as the title track.
Even though 3 tracks aren't enough, I'm happy there are instrumentals for every song. Korean singers usually don't release the instrumentals for their songs, so this surprised me a bit. But I love the instrumentals!! I'm a sucker for instrumentals and these are beautiful. I really like the rain sounds in ''1 Minute 1 Second'', I didn't hear them in the original song, but the instrumental had a few surprises, haha.

All in all, I have to say that this is a great debut. I guess I'm a bit biased, but I really enjoyed Jiyeon's first mini album. It's sad that there are only three tracks, but it's great nevertheless. Though I don't understand why this is a mini-album when it more looks to be a single.. xP
Jiyeon hwaiting!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment