Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's ok to cry - with Momoclo

Momoiro Clover Z released their 11th single ''Naitemo Iindayo'' on May 8th and reached their first weekly Number1 for a single with that.


First of all, congratulations to your first single number one, girls. It was a bit odd that they couldn't achieve this before as they are called the most famous Japanese girl group and all that stuff. But yeah, they now reached that milestone.

''Naitemo Iindayo'' as a song isn't as crazy as Momoclo's usual songs. I really think their craziness is getting less nowadays.. But then I watch them at Music Station and they seem all bizarre again, haha. xD And this song is for a series (Akumu-chan), so I guess it has to fit the theme... 
But I actually reaaaally like the verses. They are somehow mysterious and daahaark. (I totallly love dark songs) Sadly, the chorus can't keep up with them. I kind of understand that they wanted to make it more upbeat yet not too crazy, but somehow it became pretty boring. At least compared to the verses. Oh and the breakdown after the second chorus: It's SO FREAKING COOL. Like, damn, such a cool breakdown with interesting instrumentals and all. But noo, the chorus comes back after that. *sigh*

Well, it's still an okay song, 
but yeah, not really their best song out there. And it's also the reason it took me so long to actually write a review of it..
But I've done that, yatta! So I can finally review the music video now.. Because Momoclo is known for their awesome videos:


The video starts pretty futuristic in an interesting room with a big screen.


So for those of you who don't know, those two are the main characters of Akumu-chan. Don't know anything about this series though.. haha.
Allright, they are on a bed..


Momoclo comes and stands around the bed.


Lovely Yellow Shiorin!!


Momoka!


Reni!


Ayaka!


And Kanako!
What's with the ribbons?
That apple powerrr..


So they are underwater? They look a bit like mermaids with those long skirts.^^
The dance is okay. Not that special..



So the characters of the series appear a bit more in the video.
They are running away?




Kanako: Go away!!
Yaah, don't be so pissed.. o.O


She looks as if she wants to kill something, seriously!


Bring it on, Momoka!!!


Oh no, everyone is turning away from her..


I'm glad that Ayaka is fine again.. :)
And I love her quirky voice in this song.. xD


The Momoclo army..


Reni: Don't forget me!


Shiorin: I didn't get a solo line in the first verse.. 


Kanako: That's how it is, bitch..
Ayaka: I don't care about this shit, pff..



They are turning into gangsters, I tell ya!!
Momoka: Are?
Ayaka: Ewwww, who are you?
Kanako: You better go now.
Shiorin: Fuck off!!
Reni: You wanna die?


Ayaka: Now, I'm sad..
It's okay to cry, Ayaka! Naitemo Iindayo!! :D


Waah, I love this. I really love this!
The music here, the dance, the clothes, the water, the dark background.. EVERYTHING.


Both scenes are great thb :)



These two are still running.. Is that a school?


It's... MAGIC!


And the Momoclo members appear..


And here's the great singing part of Shiorin.


Shiorin: Yeah, I'm awesome!


I actually really like her hair here. The shorter hair is more quirky and cute, but here she looks so mature *-*
Damn, she's amazing, isn't she? xD


Group picture with Kanako in the middle of course.


Ayaka turned 18 last month.. Wait, now all of them are 18 or older.. They still look so young o.O



Arin looks so cute :3





And Momoka is of course rocking her lines once again ;)


It's so odd to see Momoclo in normal Seifukus. :D






The breakdown!! It's raining and the girls are running in slow motion..
I love slow motion.. and rain ^^


A school bag?


Oh no, Shiorin falls down..


.. but someone comes to help her.


It's Kanako.



Yeay, let's run!









These two finally arrived outside of the school..



Eh? What's with all these kids?


Momoclo watches from the side..


And they all have the apples from the beginning again.


Magic apples!!


An apple tree!! :'D


So everything is good now? The woman is smiling..






Everyone looks in the camera with a serious face!


And the last pose.


Momoclo on the screen..



Huh? And eye? The eye of the woman?


And we are back in the futuristic room. Why was it even there???

The video is a bit odd, though it isn't as crazy as many other Momoclo videos. But I kind of really like the atmosphere of this video. I love the water, rain and classroom scenes, the only thing I found a bit unnecessary was the running story of the woman and the child. But yeah, it's because of the series so I won't complain.. Shiorin definetely stood out to me here. That hair, OMG *-* Like I said, I like her shorter hair, but this one looked so cool, too. All 5 girls looked great and it was nice seeing them in schol uniforms for a change (though the mermaid clothes and the white dresses were nice, too).

Closing this post, I have to say that I still like this release, even if it isn't on par with some of their other works. But it's definetely better than GOUNN in my opinion! :P
I'm already looking forward to seeing their Sailor Moon related single this month!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment