Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Come on net geeks and celebrate the amazing ''Kamonegikkusu''

NMB48 released their 8th single ''Kamonegikkusu'' on October 2nd and sold 374,644 copies to make it at the top spot on the weekly charts. As you can see, this is a decline from their last single ''Bokura no Eureka''. But honestly, ''Bokura no Eureka'' was pretty special and was the first one after more than half a year, so I don't think it's that bad that they didn't sell so much this time. Also, ''Kamonegikkusu'' isn't actually an Idol standard song.


Let's talk about the song a bit more. NMB48 is known for their strange titles. First Kitagawa Kenji, a song named after an AKB48 staff member. The title 'Bokura no Eureka'' was also a bit strange. But now they have ''Kamonegikkusu'' which is short for ''Kamo ga Negi wo shotte kuru'' and lit. means ''a duck comes carrying a welsh onion on its back''. But it's a Japanese proverb that means that a stroke occurs and things are more convenient. The song is about a girl who is a convenience like the duck but does not learn from her mistakes and falls in love. (source: Tokyohive)
Knowing about this, it isn't as strange as it seems.. Well, it's still odd, don't you think? The song goes into the same direction. When I first listened to it, I thought it was a very strange song. It's an electropop song mixed with Japanese intstruments which results into a pretty strange, yet interesting sound. I always liked NMB48's dark and powerful songs more than their cute songs (the cute ones are awesome too) and this is no exception. Sayaka's vocals play a very big part in this song. She has the many ''Kamonegikkusu'' lines and really rocks them. She has a really good voice and I'm glad to see it is used right here. Okay, it's a bit mean to the other members, because she is clearly the center of the song but that's just how it is. Also, Milky's screen time and overly big exposure make a bit up for that I think. Speaking about screen time, let's now see what actually happens in the video:


At the beginning, we see a wonderful scenraio of a beautiful night with a full moon.


But then there's suddenly a starship-esque place and our title.


Wow, the members got beamed in!! Star Trek, anyone??


Everyone looks nice, wich is no surprise. The outfits aren't thaaat great, but they match the theme..


Uuh.. it gets dark!!


Wow, Uuka is one of the main dancers for the beginning except for the top4!! :D


Sayanee is looking so fierce here.


And yeah, the dance is great until now!!


Jump girls!!!!


Ooookay, these lights are a bit annoying.. -.-
But yeay for Shuu!!!


Shuu: I did it!! I have a better NMB ranking now!! ;)
Maachun: Huh? And where's my place?


First unknown member.. must check this xD
Okay, so it's Takano Yui. Well, I still don't know that many NMB48 members, sorry.. :'D
Yui looks interesting though^^


Nana!! I think it's cool how everyone has her little time for the camera and can appeal to the fans^^


Yeay, walking in a circle!!



Keila!! Well, sadly she's blurred out. (I just recently learned that her father is half brasilian.. wow)
And Milky comes closer..


Milky: My faaans.. Let me hug you!! Daisuki~


Akarin, throwing that hair like a pro!!


Even among the NMB members (who aren't exactly that tall) Lemon looks like a tiny kid!!


And Keicchi!! Right there where she belongs!!


Everyone bow down to the queens!!


Yeay, first solo shot.. And it's Sayanee!!



Top three in the drama. Seriously, this doesn't really fit the song..


Mirukii: *shock* It doesn't???


Sayanee: What did you say???
Sorry, no need to be angry..


Fuuchan spreads the NMB love..


And Nana looks fabulous!!


What did I say about the screen time for Milky?? ;)


Drama scene.. With a happy Fuuko..


Did I mention that Lemon isn't as annoyinga s she used to be?? She fits quite into the group!! (as much as a fresh lemon can..)
But she still looks like a kid, especially compared to Keichi!!


Oh come on, Maachun.. Smile a bit more...
And was Shuu always that tall? Or did I miss something?


Well, Akarin is still the tallest ;)
Talking about Akarin, where is she in this video??



Couple dances..


I really like the dark scenes, they make the whole video a bit more mysterious..



Akarin, check!!
Ripopo and Miru!! I really like that Miru has glasses xD She's the only one to have them..


Sayanee goes jogging.. yeay..


And Akarin is in prison? Whut, why? She's still underage!?
Akarin: I am too sexy for my age, that's why..



On the edge of senbatsu: Kanako, Airin, Uuka and Keila..
Wait, was the Yui girl the only one I didn't know?? Aish....
Girls: Come to us!!!!


Mirukii goes fishing?? Nice ;)


And everyone is praying! Lol at Akarin towring over everyone..


Everyone wants to grab the watchers to them it seems xD
Perhaps it also means: ''Come on'' instead of Kamon...


Yeay for the duck dance xD




The dance is really cool!!


Everyone in normal clothes..
And Akarin.. legs xD She's so tall!! (no she isn't, just compared with the others)


Lol, this looks so intense, but Nana just looks halirious!!


Milky wants to laugh XD


Nice festival..



Yeay, getting all Japanese here ;)



Fuuko is seriously very cute..


Sorry, but Nana looks funny xD


Milky being all flirty as ever..


And Sayanee is rocking the video.. as ever ;)


Lol, Lemon looks pretty funny here!


More solo shots!! Kei!!



These traditional scenes are really beautiful.. Still, they don't really fit.. :/


Yeay, for the ONE Maachun solo shot!!
She was one of the top 5 since their debut.. -.-


Lemon.. Isn't it funny that she got the yellowish costume?? xD


Another yellow one.. Shuuuuu..


Oh, Yui is also pretty tall.. cool :D
And Miyu is the tallest after Akarin, Yui and Uuka. Lol, because of this, Ripopo looks so tiny here..
Well, enough of the height talking..


Akarin enjoys this very much..


More of Yui.. Learning new members is always fun ;)


All four of them are arrested??


Akari: Well..... Not that I have something to do with that..


That smirk tells everything.. What did you do?


Nana is in fighting mode now.. Do you also want to go to prison?? Well, seems like she already is arrested.. xD handcuffs..



Fuuko seems pretty happy about being handcuffed..


This is so beautiful!



Yeay, Miyuki gets some extra solo shots.. xD


And Sayanee is happy..


Skirt, hirari.. ;)


Mirukii is still in fishing mode it seems xD



And Sayanee is all fierce and angry now..


Lol at the legs... xD




Is that.... Lemon?? Is that a fierce Lemon?





These festival scenes are seriously beautiful!! *-* I wanna go too!!




Dance breakdown!!


Let's go circeling again!! Around the Top 4 members of course ;)


More Maachun!!




Sayanee being fricking awesome!!


Milky: Waaaaah!!! I can't!!
Miru: WTF???


I want tooooo!!



Keila, Airin, Kanako and Yuuka!!


Riho, Miru, Yui and Akarin!!


Kei, Mayu, Shu and Miorin!!


Fuuko, Sayaka, Nana and Miyuki!!




A Japanese ending!! Oh yeaah..


Aaaand.. they are beamed away.. xD
- THE END -

So, the video was pretty cool. I really like the dance and I honestly prefer the dance version over th actual PV. Well, except that the dance version doesn't have the awesome solo shots.. Still, the drama is a bit unnecessary here. I actually watched the drama and the scenes now make sense to me. But yeah, it's just ''Virginity'' all over again.. But the rest is really awesome!! Everyone looks great and even though the contacts are a bit odd at first sight, thes just add a stranger feeling to the video.. Which is great, because verything is strange here. xD
Anywho, I don't have anything more to say. It's really awesome and a great title song!! I do wish that Maachun would be a bit more featured, but I guess that's just how life goes (she didn't ranked that good among NMB girls in the Sousennkyo..). But on a positive light, I learned a new member.. :'D
NMB is still so unknown to me, so I hope I can learn even more members in the future!! :)

Next up is the B-side from Shirogume. The song is called ''Doshaburi Seishun no Naka de'' and is a rather depressive and serious song. It's actually really my type of song, because it combines beautiful vocals with a concerning tone. This song moved me even only with the preview. It was also the reason I immediately preordered the single!! Shirogumi is lead once again by Sayaka and Nana. Their voices blend really good together with Sayanee's dark voice and Nana's rather odd and quirky voice (I don't know how to describe her voice.. Listen to it yourself). What's surprising is, that the two are the only senbatyu members left in Shiro!! But that's great, because it means more places for other members, so yeah.. :D Honestly, I only knew 4 members of all before this video. Except for Sayaka and Nana they are Haruna and Emika (who I only know sicne the janken xD). So yeah, it was really hard for me to figure out who is who at the first view. But I learned the other members through the video. So let's have a look now:


Oh, this looks like a movie.. Quite promising.. ;)


It's raining (yeah, doshaburi)!


And Sayanee tells us the title!!


Here it is again..





Haruna runs after the train! It must be serious, or she wouldn't look like this..


Oh, someone's hurt.. :/


This doesn't seem good!!
And that is Kishino Rika, right?


Sayaka is dancing in the rain!!



Sorry HKT, but this looks way better than your dancing in the rain..


Yamamoto Sayaka? Oh really? xD


That's Ijiri Anna!! With a boy.. Is it her boyfriend? She doesn't look happy though..


Nakagawa Hiromi and Ueda Mirei?
Soup bubbles!! At least some are happy^^


Okita Ayaka!! I'm sure I saw her before somewhere!!


Emika and again Ayaka?


Ue kara Emika!! lol xD



Murakami Ayaka. Well, she seems familiar, too. Maybe because she was in singles before..
In her story she seems pretty angry first but gets hold back by someone and calms down..


This is definetely Nishimura Aika! She was promoted lately, wasn't she?



Ayaka? Which one?


First time to really see Nana here..



Rain dancing forever..


Yeay for the slow motion!! xD


Aika with some guy. Love stories everywhere.. xD




The dancing continues.. and Nana loves it ;)



Ijiri Anna. A rebell? xD



Oh Rika. What happened?? My guess is, that she had an accident with her boyfriend and he died..



Haruna couldn't reach the person she was chasing and cries alone in the train..


Yamaguchi Natsumi (really happy that there are the names written).


Sayanee got inside?


Nana is on the way.. And she doesn't look happy at all!!


*slap* Ouch..


Natsumi again. It's interesting, that we never see the face of the boys ;)


Ueda Mirei. HA!
She seems to be in love too.. And pretty shy about that xD



Kishino Rika. She seems so sad and wants to run away from the hospital. I really think something happened.


Okita Ayaka and Kamieda Emika again.. Best friends or what?




Raining scenes *-*


ANd slow motion again.. Yeaaah..


Dance break!!


Sexy Nana is here!



Some members are going down..


..and the others pull them up on their chin..


Nice Emika :D


Nana looks pretty happy.. lol xD



Break down!!



And again Sayaka is totally rocking this video!!




These raining scenes are really amazing!! I can't even...


Oh, Haruna (?) is surprised by something.. What is it?


Kamieda Emika is with a guy..


Is it Haruna's guy or why was she so shocked?? xD
Yeay for Emika again (I'm so happy I found her through Janken, she is amazing and will be an amazing Top 2 next to Jurina).


Our only KKS here: Nakagawa Hiromi!


And that's Muarakami Ayaka again^^





Really, these dancing in the rain scenes are amazing!!



And lastly Yamada Nana. I guess she made up with her guy..





Last glimpses of a few girls..



A last dance..


And the end with Sayaka!!

What a beautiful video!! Everyone has its own little story and most are involved in a sort of relation. Many of them are sad, broke up etc. But there are also some who just enjoy life and are happy. I guess it shows the diversity of youth and how the real life is. This video is awesome and has some real depth!! It actually really fits the song, even though the song makes it seem to be more depressive than it really is.. Anyways, great song and video!! One of the best coupling songs of 2013!! It's also nice that I learned more members through this. B-sides really help me with learning new members (Bara no Kajitsu etc..) especially with a group like NMB48 where I don't know that many members!! And yeah, eypecially with such a good amount of screen time for everyone!!
So yeah, I'm really happy I bought this single.. ;)

The other coupling songs are also good. I like ''Sunglasses to Uchiakebanashi'' the best!! The song is really cute!! :D
''Omowase Kousen'' is ok, but not really my favourite song. (and Miyuki doesn't really have the best vocals..) The horror PV is cool though! It doesn't fit the song, but it's still awesome (especially Momoka at the end..)!!
''Mou hadashi ni Hanarenai'' is pretty good. It's really, REALLY catchy.. The PV is also interesting and I finally know, who Nagisa is (She was the only one I didn't know from the KKS unit.. lol). Also, that chin at the end... Sayaka xD

All in all I really like this single (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!!)! I'm also happy about my Warukii bonus photo and my Keila card (yeaaah).
So that's all from me now.. bye, bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment