Sunday, February 7, 2016

Suzuki Kanon to graduate from Morning Musume '16

Today it was announced that Morning Musume '16 member Suzuki Kanon will graduate from the group at their Spring tour final. Suzuki Kanon is a 9th generation member, so she has been part of the group since 2011.


There are many forms of “Being helpful to people”… but from now on, I feel strongly that I want to help people in another way, I want to make people smile, I want to make them happy. For this first step, I decided “I want a work related to the welfare” to go towards to my dream.

Shortly after Riho's graduation it feels really, really sudden!! Zukki!! ._.
She's only 17 years old and she was just getting a bit more spotlight in 2015, so this is really sad. She has actually been the member who was the least pushed to the front, I would say. Of course, she was in a few shows and stuff, but within singles and promotion, she wasn't shown at all (that is, except for Oh My Wish of course). I guess it mostly had to do with her being not skinny enough.
Well, for non-Japanese standarts she is a bit chubby, but not fat or anything. But in Japan the beauty standard is a little bit different, so she was made fun of a lot. But Zukki took the opportunity and made this her character joke.. which shows that she has a lot of self confidence! She always maintained her smile, though I do believe she wasn't always 100% happy about all the comments she got. Still, she is a really strong girl and I admire her a lot for being so confident about her body!
Being an Idol must be really tough and she made the best out of it. I personally think she is one of the funniest members and she made me laugh a lot. She always had a really special place for me.

I kind of had the feeling that 2016, much like 2015, would show a lot of opportunities for her. I'm a bit sad about her graduation announcement now, but it's her decision and I really love how she wants to make people smile even after her graduation!






Zukki, I love youuu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment