Sunday, August 3, 2014

Berryz Koubou to go on indefinite hiatus

All of you probably know it already, but Berryz Koubou announced to go on hiatus next spring. You can read about the whole thing here: tokyohive


Now I will give my two cents about this. And, well.... I'm somehow not surprised. Berryz just recently had their 10th year anniversary and released a Best of Album. Everyone knows they aren't actually the best selling H!P group, though they got better lately and they are still pretty popular.They also don't get the most exciting songs anymore..
Most imprtant: They are getting old. At least old in Idol standards. I'm not the type who loves all these Idol standards and stuff. But imagine being in an Idol group half of your life... I can understand that they want to try new things, they are young adults who probably want to live a more normal life. Or they just want to do something different in the entertainment world, who knows. I'm not really following Berryz, so I don't know that much about them. But Momochi is probably the one, who will have the most choices. She's known as a variety star but she also finished university, which means she has many opportunities. Perhaps Risako will do Musicals and stuff.. I really hope she will train her voice because she already sings so good. With a bit more training she could a such an amazing artist!!! I don't know about the others though.. What will they do? Perhaps we won't find out, perhaps they want a more private life??

But who knows.. They could also reunite in a few years. ^^
That's what I think about the topic at the moment, I will probably write about it again when the hiatus starts. It is sad somehow... They've been together for such a long time. :/
But just like a graduation, they will start a new life!!


PS: Now I wonder what will happen to C-ute. Will they stop their activities soon, too??

No comments:

Post a Comment