Friday, April 4, 2014

Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe - Across Time and Space

Today I'm going to review the song ''Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe'' that is part of Morning Musume's 56th single ''Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe/ Password is 0''.




I totally love these covers, all of them are so beautiful and well-made!!
But back to the song: Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe is actually pretty different from Momosu's recent stuff. It begins with piano and violins (!!) and is a balladish song!! OMG, my wish for a slower song finally got granted. There's only one word to describe this song and that's beautiful. The instrumentals are beautiful, the melody is beautiful and most importantly the girls voices are beautiful. The members are even harmonizing (!!) together. They haven't done this since forever.. The lyrics of this song are also very meaningful:

I love you, I love you, I can feel the distant sky
As I close my eyes and think of you, I can feel you
Across time and space, we've been bound for that reason
To make this planet a beautiful place


This somehow makes me really sad. I almost cried when I read the lyrics for the first time, because they are so poetic. And it sounds so beautiful in Japanese. <3

There also almost aren't any solos and no one sounds bad. okay, Riho and Sakura probably aren't the best choice for the harmonizing of the Wow's, but it still sound okay. Even Riho's solo wow at the end sound pretty good! As you can see, I can only praise this song, so let's look at the video now!


Here we see the space theme the song is all about..


The members are playing an air piano..


And some of them are playing air violins. This already looks pretty sad..


I really like the colour of the dresses. This blue is so beautiful!


Oh, ballerina dance! And are these balls supposed to be planets??


Masaki looks pretty cute her!


Riho & Ayumi: Let's unite our power!


We will fight for love!!


Ooooh, they actually did something.


Beautiful Sayumin.
Sayumi: Don't underestimate our power!


Until now the dance looks pretty good. Not too much and still elegant.


Fuku-hime fits to this song SO good!!!
Her whole princess aura is so perfect.


Aaand Duu looks like a girl. xD


Haruna looks so beautiful here!


And Masaki is still our cutie..


Wow, Sakura looks so mature.. o.O


And RihoRiho is getting all the screentime as always..


Mizuki: No, it's my time to shine!


Ah, I know it.. They remind me a bit of fairies!


They are bautiful and graceful.


Let's fly away!


I also think it's cool that they are barefot. oh, and the ground also looks like a planet.. *-*


Haruna found a ring!!


Haruna: This must be very expensive..


Eripon: Please, give it to me!
Erina looks beautiful, too.. xD


Masaki: Help me!! I'm scared by this location..


Sayumi: But look into the sky, it's so beautiful!
Masaki: Oh, there. You're right!


Sayumi: I know! I'm the almighty Sayumi!


The dance is so elegant. *-*


Formation dance is included here, too..
Duu is so tall!!


And Mizupon is still so pretty..
Mizuki: I own this video!


I love how the video is full of so much blue... Blue *-*


Oh, Daishii! She doesn't even look that awkward here.. xD


Haruka <3


Riho: Am I not the cneter of this video??


Sayumi: Go away, Riho!


Masaki: I'm cute, right?



RihoRiho


Why do they only show her for a second?? -.-
Zukki looks so beautiful here *-*


And Duu <3


This part of the dance is so cool!







Even more close-ups!


Haruka: The galaxy is mine!


Who's that? :'D


Masaki: I don't know..


I love how Ayumi always looks so fierce!


And Riho also knows what she is doing.


Haruna :D





Zukki!


Eripon!


And that Masaki smirk..
Wow, everyone looks amazing!


Ayumi: Oh no, I destroyed Haruna's ring..


Masaki: It's okay.. We will forgive you!



More Kanon. I'm happy that she doesn't have an odd ponytail here!



Mizuki: Let's see. How can we save the earth?


Duu: What will the future bring?
This is a senitimental song and also a song to philosoph about..


Attack of the ballerina's!



Eripon is really pretty here. Isn't she awesome?


Eripon: I'm awesome!


Sayumi: A hand!! :D


And here only Sakura's hand is normal, the rest is blurred..


RED!!


Riho and Ayumi dance together.. No dance battle?? xD





This is so beautiful. The red sky looks beautiful together with the blue dresses.


Oh, it changes!





Wow, there's so much blue. This looks like a fantasy world..


And the sky changes even more. So cool!



That's Eripon! KAKKOI!



And who's that?? Sayumi? It looks so damn cool!




Isn't the sky a bit hypnotising? Lol, but it looks beautiful nevertheless!




Smiling Kanon, Eripon and Duu!!


Riho: Aren't my Wow's amazing?


Sakura: Mine would be better!



And here are the ballerina's again. SO beautiful!



The awesomeness of the two ikemens!




And the fairies look into the sky...

WOW. I don't really know what to say, this video was made really beautiful. I love the colours and especially the blue tones here as they create a very sad and song-fitting atmosphere. The dresses looks fairy-like and all the girls look beautiful (why wouldn't they..). The dance is also pretty (especially the ballerina parts) even though I think it wouldn't be bad without a dance. I mean, after all it is a slower song.. But oh well, it doesn't make the video worse or anything.

I love everything about this, so I would say it's a MASTERPIECE!
Momousu did better than I thought and delivered a very untipical song that surprised everyone. I'm happy that this group finally tries something different and hope that they will keep up like this in the future! Until now 2014 has been a very good year for Morning Musume '14, so let's hope they will continue like this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment