Sunday, March 16, 2014

Don't give up! - Konjo

In this post I will review ''Konjo'', which is the Type C b-side from AKB48's single ''Mae Shika Mukanee''.

YUKO solo cover!!!

This song is sung by the Talking Chimpaneez, consisting of the funniest girls of 48group and also the girls that are the best in MC's. There are many girls I like in this group: Ume-chan, Churi, Tani, Aanya, Aya, Airin, Maachun, Karen.. only to mention a few here. ;) I also think it's pretty cool, that Mariko is able to center this song!!
But not only the line-up is amazing: the song is one of the coolest songs ever! It's one of those fast and serious songs about not giving up etc.  I especially like these lines:

Grit your teeth and overcome it
When you're in a tough position
Help isn't coming
What you can believe in
Is your own strength


These types of songs always encourage me so much and of course are awesome to dance and sing to! The beginning sounds a bit old-fashioned, but I really like the beat of the song. The chorus is so serious and concerned.. *-* Yes, this is definetely my favourite B-side of this single and also the reason why it is the last one I review. The other B-sides were a bit lackluster, but this one is just perfect!!!!
So let's now look at the video:


The title of the song. oh right, it means something like strength or willpower. Cool title, hm?


Here are some of the girls. Looks like they are doing some kind of sport.
Mariko: Let's fight, alright!!
Maachun: Whut?
Ripopo: You serious?



So they are playing volleyball! xD
Chiyori looks so serious.


Churi!!!


And some of the members are only cheering.. Aya looks pretty funny xD


Nana!


And Anna. Wow she looks pretty exhausted!!


Seems like this is the coach..
Coach: Work hard, girls!!


Little Tani always looks so funny xD
And I love tehse girls here..
Tani, Kaotan, Airin, Maachun, Wasamin, Ume-chan and Ran Ran!



Uuuuuh, dangerous!!


Let's work hard!!!


Mariko!


Who's that? Poor thing..



This looks pretty hard to do. And I like how the names come up one after another like in a movie..



Oh no, Nana is falling down..


And the enemy team wins..


Anna: Let's work even harder!!!!


Mariko looks very beautiful here.. :)


Wooohoo, the dance shot is pretty dark.


And the uniforms are also dark. I love this video!!



This is also such a cool location :)


Churi: I want you!!


Ouch.. :/



This is a Churi festival.. xD I like it!


Yummy!!


So it's Haruu's meal. Lol!


Everything alright Minarun?


Oh no, she fell down!


Saho: Mina? MINA?



Ripopo with some kids!


And an old man..


Is that Yurina? It's hard to see..


Airin and of course Tani. This girl always looks so happy..


Aya *-*


Saho.



Yep, seems like Churi has a special part in this video.. That's so..dramatic!


Title!!


Wow, it looks pretty cool, how the members are going down!


Shiichan! It's hard to catch some members -.-


The evil Aya-chan!


Let's fight!! We can do it.. even without Minarun!


Such a cute girl.
Okada Kanna.. :)
Kanna: Something happened!


Karen: I lost my hand!
And finally we see something of her..


Mariko: Oh no!!


Haruu eats the most. Such a big Onigiri o.O
And Aya looks pretty shocked!


Minarun can't act.. It's the truth!




Fierce Ume-chan!!


The final match!



Yeah, of course. I mena, I do that everyday. haha..


Girl: WTH did I just see??


Mariko and Nana smash the ball!


And they win!!



So now everyone is happy! :D



This is so beautiful! :')

Wow, I love these kind of Do-your-best-and-work-hard videos and I loved that the girls did win in the end.. This is wonderful and shows that you an everything if you try hard enough!! This what AKB is all about, so I love the video!! What I don't like is that some members didn't have screentime at all. I mean, I saw Kaotan and Shiichan only for a few seconds between many other girls. And Karen only had a very short scene for herself.. Ume-chan, Aya-chan, Airin etc. sadly also didn't appear that often.. -.- I'm happy for Mariko, Nana and Churi, but I don't think it's fair!
Why do all the songs on this single have such a bad scene distribution??

Well, but despite that I really, REALLY love the song and the video! I hope AKB48 continues to release song like this in the future, because they are so much betetr than the bland cutesy songs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment