Saturday, February 15, 2014

Talking about forbidden things - Partition Love

Tokyo Girls' Style is back with their single Partition Love.


This single is actually only the first of three songs that make up a Romance Trilogy.. (a bit unnecessary since almost every Idol song is about that but yeah..) So what is this song about?? It's about FORBIDDEN LOVE. Yes, you heard me right TGS is going to be breaking some rules with this song/ video.

But actually, the song sounds like your pretty usual TGS song. It has these old beats and creepy/ edgy feeling and is just great!! I totally love the sound of the song and it could easily be my favourite TGS song to date (if Yakusoku wasn't so great, too and well, I don't know that many songs :'D).
Taking a closer look to the lyrics one will immediately hear what they sing in the refrain: ''Nee, Sensei..''. And that's what they sing about in the whole song: a teacher!
Aaaand here is the forbidden love: A teacher-student love.

Let's just say that even if many people are shocked, this isn't something new. Like isn't the whole Idol businness about older man liking young/ young-looking girls? And there are also other groups that already have songs like this. (AKB48 - Dear my teacher) Still, at first I was also a bit negatively about this song, but I came to realize that there ARE some relations like this - even though it's forbidden. In short: I don't support it but I kind of like the idea of showing different and also forbidden aspects, especially problems in society. (That's why I love Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou, I'm Crying and Inochi no Tsukaimichi.. and sorry for the many AKB songs here :'D They just have so many about difficult topics
With that in mind, let's review the video:



At first there's a shot of Arai and Sensei under a tree..


Hitomi: When will he notice me??
Listening to her wonderful speach and udnerstanding nothing.. *sigh* I guess it's about how she loves him and that she isn't a child.. (or something along these lines)


Sensei actually looks quite nice..


And here we see that Hitomi is all fallen for him..



Now in the classroom the other members also make an appereance.


Yuri..


And Ayano...
Seems like everyone like the teacher??


But seems like Hitomi-chan is still the main person..


Solo shots!!! Yuri!!
I like how it's all dark.. :3


Casually talking with the teacher..


And here's Mei.. That smile *-*


Hi there Mei! :D


And Miyupon..


Ayano..


And the ace, Hitomi.


Basketball with the teacher..


.. and of course he has some fangirls.. >.<



How.. How can he not see that these girls love him??


Mei, Mei, Mei!!


That's dangerous.. Hitomi alone with sensei in the classroom?



''The heart is about to burst.''
Wouldn't be ''My heart is about to burst.'' be better? EngRish!!
And so I guess he's an English teacher??


And of course Hitomi says it in Japanese to her teacher..


But he just pats her like a child..


I agree, everyone's crazy here...


Arai: But I love him!!


I really do!


There she goes, probably dreaming about sensei.


And right in front of her, Ayano begins to talk with him..


Hitomi: *That bitch, he's mine!!!*


Wow, Ayano even gives him a bento..


Someone is jealous!!


But just the same head-pat here.. xD


Uh-uh, seems like this look means she's plotting something..


Yep and here Hitomi fell down in the basketball game..



.. and gets carried away by sensei.. like THAT???


Teacher: Did you really fall down?



Hitomi:....


Not much love for Miyu in this video..


And neither for Mei.. But she's still adorable..


The two main girls speaking about the teacher..


.. and Arai starts writing a letter to sensei..


''Would you look at me not as a student but as a sweetheart?''
Well, he isn't allowed to do so sweaty..
At least she learns some English.. :'D


And she probably wrote the whole letter in English..



Sensei finds the letter..


.. and talks with Arai.


Sensei: We can't be together! It's not allowed..
Hitomi: B-But... I love you!


Seems like Sensei isn't too sure about what he said..




He keeps thinking about little Hitomi and her approaching actions..


He can't even concentrate on his game anymore.. WTH?




The perfection of Yuri, Miyu and Mei.. (Looooove the pictures)


Teacher comes home in the rain..


..but someone knocked on the door.. Who can it be?



The two lead singers.



Bam, bam, BAM.. It's Arai!!! Who would've guessed that?


The end-

Wow.. Okay so this is really sooo cliché!! Like, Hitomi always tries to get the attention of her teacher and gets even jealous when he talks with other girls. Then she writes him a letter and even follows him to his house (it's almost a bit creepy I would say). But that's the part I can at least understand a bit (I mean, she's a kid you know?). What I don't understand, is that the teacher keeps thinking about her and seems to have fallen in love with her But again: she's just a kid.. how can he, and how.. arrgh.. I don't know, I just think he should be mature enough to not let his feelings through like that.. And the end, gosssh. In the end he says: ''Arai'' in a rather relieved voice I would say. What will happen? Will he really let her come in? Will they start a kind of hidden relationship?? We won't know, perhaps it's even for the better, because I think I would be a bit angry if we would see that they started something..

But I kind of really like the video. Okay, I really don't like the things I mentioned above (teacher etc..). But well, it's done in such a IN-YOUR-FACE hard way, that I can just appreaciate the work that is done here.
I don't know, but as much as everyone is angry about the topic, this is exactly what the writers wanted to reach (except for making the girls look cute etc). These relations DO exist!! There are girls (or boys) that love their teachers and even though or better BECAUSE this isn't allowed, people have to know and more THINK about it. Yes, because of this song/ video I really think about the topic and write this review and hopefully I am not the only one who does it.

So yeah, there are probably many people who dislike the video, but I really like it even though I don't support student-teacher relations. Also, good job to the girls and I adore the song. *-*

2 comments:

  1. if only the story line is based by manga "kodomo no jikan" xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, Arai's caracter does seems to be similar to Rin in the manga ''Kodomo no jikan''.
      Thanks for pointing that out. :)

      Delete