Wednesday, July 10, 2013

S/mileage' s new single

Here we have the third group of H!P that has a double A-side: S/mileage.
This is actually the group in all H!P that I know the least (okay, perhaps Juice=Juice but they are new). The members of S/mileage are all pretty young and their voices are also pretty high pitched, so I was never really interested in them (I know, Momosu's average age gets younger too, but I know them longer). 
I quite liked Yuuka in High-King but since she isn't in the group anymore and Wada's voice annoys me to death, I never really listened to them. I never thought I would eventually come to like something by them.
But ladies and gentleman, the time has come. Their newest release ''Atarashii watashi ni nare!/ Yattaruchan'' changed my opinion about them.
 
 
First, let's talk about ''Atarrashii watashi ni nare!''.
The concept of the song takes a more mature direction for S/mileasge and shows that they have actually good singers!! Let's take Meimi for example.. I never thought this little girl with the vampire teeth could actually sing this good!!!
The song is actually pretty sexy (at least for S/mileage) so the girls try to sing a bit deeper and don't have these high pitched voices (they're still high-pitched though, but it sounds better).
Everything is more mature: The song, the lyrics (they want to change etc..) and of course the video with the outfits, the dance and the whole serious expressions.
 

The video begins pretty sexy, with Ayaka and Rina dancing together..


Oh, this shot looks cool..


No, Kanon being sexy isn't the best thing..


Akari looks a bit awkward in this shot..


At least Kana and Meimi look mature and good here. YURI!


Meimi..
And about the outfirs, the are pretty simple but look kinda good..


The dance is okay. I'm hppy it isn't over sexy, because they are still kids (except for the two 1 gen... but they still act like they are kids).


Meimi looks SO different here. But this Image fits her, especially because she has a quite deep voice..


LOL, Meimi what are you doing?


Kanon holds a sign with the lyrics.


Kana looks so funny here. And why does Akarin look like a baby? She is awkward here..


I love the Dance, where they shake their heads. It looks so funny and fits the music really good.


Okay, the cat dance is even better!! So funny.


1st Gen..
But somehow, I think both of them are a bit annoying..


Tomboy? Still, she looks so Young..


The chorus dance is cool and again fits the music.


Kana fail.. XP


Rina looks cool.. Why does she only have so few parts?

The cat dance is definetly the best dance!! It looks so cool..


The writings before were all kind of unnecessary but this reflects the lyrics so good.
I really like how Meimi draw all these eyes to show how the people look at her coldly..


Oh, here Wada looks like Riho.. o.O
But she also looks pretty mature.. Why does she have such a chipmunk voice?


Akarin... still awkward... but I have to admit that she's pretty cute.


Kana is pretty cool, I like her. :)


This looks funny..


Overall, their dance is a bit more complicated..


Meimi: Hi there...


Okay, visual wise, Wada looks the best. She doesn't look awkward at all.
But I still don't like her voice..

A last sexy pose..

Wow... S/mileage has sure changed through this song. I have to say, I really like that they try to be a bit more mature, even though some of them still look soooo young. I'm already excited to see how they will change in a few years.

But let's look at their second song from this double A-side.. :)
It's called ''Yattaruchan'' and is a very different song.
Yep, we had the mature song, so here is the usual cute and fun song.



There is Yattaruchan.. :)


.. and the Girls


Kana has a major talking part in this song.


She really owns it with her funny voice..
And yep, the Dresses and Background look so cheap..


Kiddo Akari..


Wada the cutie.. but her voice.. :/


Is everything okay, Kanon?
Meimi: Nope, she's not okay..
Nyon: I tell you, everything's okay..


Is anything smelling bad?
Rina & Akarin: Yep, KANON!!


Kanon: Heeeeeeh? Whut?


The gance is pretty funny, even though they aren't one of the most synchrone groups *cough*


Dawa playing guitar.. Does it remind anyone else of ''Dance de Bakoon''???

I didin't watch this for a while..


The group shots are pretty funny.. And they show how they get along as a group..


Lol..


Uaaah... Vampire attack (didn't I say she's a vampire?)


I love the little jumps they do, when they sing ''Yabai, Yabai, Yabai''


Their voices can be pretty good...
Akarin jumps xD


Is it just me, or does she look a bit like Aibon here??


Meimi.. wooow..


This vampire is amazing..


Meimi: I knoooohooow..
Rina: Yep, of course..


Wada: Waahahhaha..
Nyon: Wth???


Okay, here we see Nyon Quality.. XP
Dawa is a bit weak and Meimi Looks funny..


Nyon: Muahahaha, I'm the best dancer..
Akarin: Can I beat her?
Wada: Yep, I will help you..


Wada: Don't worry, we love each other..


Meimi: Noooo, she's lying...
Wada: Mwahaha..


Meimi: That was a joke.. Haha!!


Hm.. I guess all of them are crazy.. xD


Cute Wada :)
And Akarin is obviously rocking the song


Kana's talking parts are cool.


Akarin + guitar


Wadaa..


Kanon + guitar


Meimi: What is this..
Kanon: Look, there..


Meimi: What is this...
Wada: Hahaha..
I love Meimi's expression here.


Again, Rina gets the least screen time.. Well, I don't really know the group, so why is that? Is her voice bad or what?


Kiddo here, gets like the most Screen time..


But she's funny xD


And Meimi, wow her voice in this song is definetly a higlight..


But she's still a kid...


Meimi: Imma rock these guitars..


Okay, her smile is a bit boring..


Oh no.. the crazy People are back..


Psshhhh.. be quiet..


Wada: Yihaaaaaa~



Kana + guitar


Lol.. Smiley eyes
She's funny..


A last talking part..


Kana: Hey YOU!
Nyon: Please like us!
Wada: Yes?
Hm.. yeah.. probably..


Group formation..

 
And they wave for the last time..
 
Wooh.. Okay... This video was pretty cool and funny. The song is also very nice to listen to when you wanna have fun and like something more upbeat. Kana's speech is definetely a key point in the song and I really like it. Then there's also Meimi's awesome voice. Wow, this little kid CAN sing.. I'm happy they showed her voice like this..
 
To summarize, these two songs are pretty good and convinced me to pay attention to this group and to listen to more songs (what I did). And they have pretty good songs.. Wow, I didn't know this..xD
About the girls, I would say I like them all now. Meimi's gotta be my favourite because of her awesome voice and her teeth (no, not really). Wada is still the annoying chipmunk but somehow.. I don't know, I like her in the videos very much.. Can she please get a more mature voice? I can dream....
 
So this was my review about S/mileage's new single.. It opened up a new world for me.. LOL, not really... but it was fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment