Tuesday, June 13, 2017

2017.06.12 pm 9:10 - °C-ute has officially disbanded


That's it, °C-ute had officially disbanded.
I still can't believe it, but °C-ute is no more. I write about my feelings about that, but it is still a bit confusing and I still don't really know what to think.. After all, this group has been existing for 12 years and they are full of history. They had such a big impact on me and on thousand other fans!


°C-ute's formation was announced in 2005, after they were chosen for Hello!Project Kids together with the former Berryz Koubou members in 2002. Since Berryz Koubou was formed in 2004, °C-ute was formed of the remaining Hello!Project kids: Umeda Erika, Murakami Megumi, Yajima Maimi, Nakajima Saki, Suzuki Airi, Okai Chisato and Hagiwara Mai. Later, Arihara Kanna was added to the group. Murakami Megumi left the group quite early so the group had 7 members until in 2009, both Arihara Kanna and later Umeda Erika left the group. With that, °C-ute has been going through a lot of member changes, even though they only existed for 4 years.
After they changed to 5 members, °C-ute started to get more and more famous. They changed to a more cool and sexy style after all of them grew up a it more. And they became a really professional and talented group!!




I started to like °C-ute in 2012, when I really got into Hello!Project. They are one of the main reasons why I started to like Idols. It was mainly Morning Musume, Berryz Koubo and C-ute.. With Berryz being on an indefinite hiatus, °C-ute disbanding and ,my favourite Morning Musume member graduating, I feel like this is the end of an Era, also for me as an Idol fan. I won't stop liking H!P and Idols, but a lot has changed in these 5 years. Maybe it doesn't feel as long, since it's not even half of their activities, but °C-ute became a really special part of me!! Around the time Aitai Aitai Aitai na was released, I started hyping °C-ute a lot. I watched a lot of their videos and live performances and I was really impressed by their talent. Another one was Adam to Eve no Dilemma, I was hyping it a lot and it was the first °C-ute single I actually preordered from Japan! They had quite a few cool dance songs, but I also really liked their older cute songs. One of them is Sekai ichi Happy na Onna no Ko. For me it is such a happy song and it feels really nostalgic! I really, really love how they could do everything from cute, cool, sexy, mature, funny and their dance and performance always being top notch. All of them are really talented and I always wanted to go to their concerts. I was quite lucky to be able to go to their last concert, but also to their Chiba concert in May.


I love them all as a group so much, together they are like a family. But individually they are also really awesome Idols, so I thought to right about everyone seperated.

Yajima Maimi


First up is Maimi, current leader of °C-ute and Hello!Project and the oldest of the group. I always admired her a lot, because she is a super strong woman and a great leader. and with strong I do not only mean confident, no she is really physically strong as well! Her muscles are no joke! Adding to that she is so super nice and friendly and I would love to talk to her about so many things. She's the purest beauty and I really like how she never changed her hair colour xD
Being the leader or not only her group but also the whole franchise, especially in such a time of change must have been really hard so I do respect her so much.
After this, Maimi said she wants to become an actress. I quite like her as an actress and I would like to see a drama or movie with her as the heroine.



Nakajima Saki


Next up is Nakky. I always had a soft spot for Nakajima. She changed from a shy little girl to a strong confident woman and I really like that about her!! In my opinion, she is the best dancer, and she has so much charisma as a performer on stage. I always felt really sad to see her more in the back but at least she was having more front time over the last few years. I was also cherishing on Nakky and I'm so happy to see many blue penlights at concerts!
Nakky also wants to be an actress and I hope she will succeed.



Suzuki Airi


Then we have the main singer, Suzuki Airi. Airi seimply has an angel voice and so much talent, I admire her a lot. She is also really, really beautiful, has been a model for Ray and she is simply stylish! Not only that, she has such a funny character. I really think she is one of the funniest people and I could listen to her forever xD That's why I think she is a perfect all round talent.. a perfect Idol? She got pushed the most to the front and even though I do see why, I can also understand why some fans and also her felt kind of bad for that.. especially if we look at Shock! But Airi being a professional continued through hardships while staying true to herself!
She also wants to be a singer in the future, so of course I'm gonna support her!!



Okai Chisato


Chisato is really special for me. Even more than Airi, she is one of the biggest reasons of why I fell in love with °C-ute. Of course it's everyone, but Chissa has been simply awesome from the beginning. She is a power woman, has a really nice deep voice and is simply amazing on stage. And she is the funniest girls ever. No wonder she is in variety, her personality is the best.
I also really like her trendy short hair, but she always looks so beautiful!
Aa Chissa is really good in variety, I'm so happy she decided to go further in that area. I really hope to see her on more shows in the future!!



Hagiwara Mai


Last but not least is Hagiwara Mai (aka Maichan). She is the youngest and has always been the cutest, especially with her sunglasses in the early days. Lately, she has been lacking a bit vocal wise, but she is not giving up and still giving her best!! Even though at first I didn't like her that much, I got to like her more and more after time and got to understand her more. And honestly, I think she is really funny, an honest person and really beautiful inside and outside.
I expected so, but MaiMai decided to indefenitely stop her entertainment carreer. Adding to that she wants to study abroad, so I wish her the best of luck for that. I hope she can take a good rest after she was an Idol for most of her life!




Seeing them all growing up is something really beautiful. °C-ute has gone through some member changes, they tried a lot of different music styles, and were able to make everything possible from cute to sexy to funny to mature. To me, they are the perfect Idol, they are part of my life and of that of so many fans all over the world. °C-ute's legacy won't be forgotten and we will always love them. Even though I was a fan only for 5 years of their 12th years as a group and 15 years of the members being in Hello!Project,I feel like I've known them for my whole life and they are so important to me!
I love them all so much and I am really going to miss them! But of course I want them all to be happy on their own, going their own ways. I'm also really excited to see their individual futures - and to see a new Hello!Project that continues the legacy of °C-ute!


Thank you °C-ute
Thank you Maimi
Thank you Nakky
Thank you Airi
Thank you Chissa
Thank you MaiMai
Thank you Team °C-ute!!!!!!!

Forever °C-ute <3

No comments:

Post a Comment