Friday, December 15, 2017

Kudo Haruka's graduation

On December 11th Kudo Haruka graduated from Morning Musume '17 on their tour final in Budokan. She is the first member of 10th generation to graduate the group and the first person to graduate in over 1 1/2 years. After 6 years of being active in Morning Musume and 8 years in Hello!Project, she graduated at the prime age of 18 years to pursue an acting career.


How do I say this.. with her being my favourite Idol not only in Morning Musume but also in general I'm still having mixed feelings about this graduation. I still kind of did not realize that it really happened and that time has passed so fast. Kudo announced her graduation 6 months ago when I was still in Japan.. and now I am back in Germany and I could only follow her graduation on the Internet. On one hand it's really sad I couldn't be in Japan around this time to send her off probably. But on the other hand, I kind of got to distance myself a bit from the whole issue to not be so emotionally about it. I'm still really emotional, don't get me wrong. But I came to accept it and I enjoyed her time as an Idol a lot!

This is not about me though, It's about Duu. Leaving the Idol world at such a young age is a really damn brave thing to do and I respect her a lot for it. She didn't even graduate High School yet and she spent almost half her life as an Idol. She has been fairly succesfull as an Idol and she experienced her group getting more popluar.. so did she herself. She got to practice singing, dancing, modelling and had so many chances to try interesting jobs in the entertainment industry. One of that was acting in Musicals, which definitely paved her as a person and her dream for the future: She wants to become an actress now. Having so much experience in acting it makes perfect sense to see her going into that direction. Being able to practice as a variety of different roles she already has a lot of experience. And even though I do think she will having struggles and still a lot more to learn I'm positive about her future career and I think she will really be doing her best in everything. I really like how she sticks to something, gives her best but never gives up! I rather hope she won't be too strict on herself since she can be quite a perfectionist. Still, she has a lot of conficence which is something really important in the entertainment world and something I admire her for.

Of course we don't actually know everything about her and maybe the real Duu is actually different from Idol Duu. I got to think a lot about that lately and Maa-chan's blog post got me to think even more about it. Cause yeah, actually Idols are all humans too and they have secrets, sides of them that they don't show. We don't know.. but that's also something quite exciting.
Speaking about Maa-chan, I really liked the whole 10th generation bond, but especially MaaDuu. They were sticking together and even though they had some ups and downs for me they feel like these sisters, best friends or school comarades that alwas got to be together even after they fight. I do wonder how their relationship will change from now on and it got me kind of scared.. Well, but it's their issue and they got enough attention on them for the last 6 years. I will miss this pairing a lot though, funny Maachan and Duu have been always so nice to watch. Since we kind of get to see Idols grow up, especially these two since they have been so young when they joined, the kind of feel like little sisters to me.


Back to Duu, she seemed to be such a nice person, being loved by group members and other Idols alike. When she joined she was called an 'Angel' and she kind of got to have a lot of different characters over time, one of them being the 'cool boy' character. Going from the youngest and cutest girl to a cool boy is still something really funny to me haha. This just shows that she has a lot of sides and maybe it also shows her acting talent. But honestly, she is such a fun person and she just rocks on stage. There's so many things I like about her and I could go on about how I loved at concerts, how I even got to meet her in person, which is one of my best memories of her! Meeting her was such an awesome experience and I will never forget how exciting and happy I was at that moment! I have so many nice memories of being a fan of her and meeting other fans, also other Idol fans was also really, really cool.



I guess it's time to wrap up this post. I apprechiate everything Kudo Haruka has done so far and I really can't wait to see her as an actress in the future! I'm looking forward to her activities and also to what Mosning Musume will look like without her.

I love Kudo Haruka!


THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING






Bye, bye my Idol

No comments:

Post a Comment