Saturday, May 3, 2014

MBLAQ - Be a man

I didn't review any Korean release lately. Honestly, there weren't many songs that actually interested me. The biggest let down was probably Super Junior M. I love them, but ''Swing'' just wasn't as good as any of their other songs. At least there is ONE song that I totally love and that I listen to quite often: It's MBLAQ's ''Be a man'' from their 6th mini-album 'Broken'.


I really like MBLAQ, I would even say they are one of my favourite Korean groups right now. They always have pretty interesting concepts and like to experiment a bit. After the colourful mess of Smoky Girl they now return with a more classy image. But ''Man in Love'' isn't your usual ballad. While most Korean ballads are pretty slow and boring (in my opinion) this song has a very powerful and emotional chorus. The verses are also beautiful, but they can't compete of the epic chorus and the bridge part at the end. Vocal wise MBLAQ is so top notch, everyone sounds good. Kudos to Seungho who sings the chorus alone and shows again that he has an amazing voice. G.O. sounds awesome as usual and Joon sings also pretty good. Can we talk about Thunder for a second: Why does he have so few solos? I think he REALLY improved his voice and wow, he became man (a man in love, haha xD). Mir's rap sounds also pretty cool, even though it's starts so sudden and cuts even more of Chundeong's parts.. :I
Enough of the cool song, I will take a look at the video now:


We will now enter the MBLAQ world!
I don't get why this video is rated 12..


Oh, that's cool. The VI also looks like an M here! xD


*sigh* Another box..
The men are in classy suits!


A random woman. This is so typical for a K-pop video nowadays..


Joooon!! *-* He looks so handsome!


And here is Cheondung. I love how he isn't so skinny anymore.. xD


He matured, didn't he?


Random girl again..


And here's G.O.


A glimpse of the dance.. Looks nice until now!



G.O is awesome!


Lol, I can't take the background members serious.. xP


Seungho: *angry* I AM serious!!


Seungho: I'm a philosopher..


The danc elooks so elegant. Nice!


Seungho takes the spotlight.




Yeah, they are men.. xD




Uh, they are touching themselves. Another thing that's pretty often in K-pop videos.. xD


Joon's lips!!! xD


A sand clock?


Hi there Joon..


OMG, how can he be so sexy? His hair looks perfect and his expression is so awesome.. *-*


Cheondung looks so cool, too.


Lol, Mir?


Finally another location..


Somehow this fits Mir. But he looks still odd especially in comparison to the others. ;)


Without glasses is better.


Bla, bla.. random woman again.. what is she even doing?


Everything is spinning around..



Aaaw, Seungho looks angry again.. xP



Damn, Cheondung and Joon... :D


Cheondung: What about me??
You're awesome!!



Aw, Joon!!! :3


This looks pretty cool.



Seungho: Help me!!




G.O: Aaaargh, I'm so angry!!
Joon: Whut?



Seungho: I'm awesome, right?








And with that we leave the MBLAQ world.

So this video pretty much was a very typical K-pop video. There was a typical dance shot in a box + typical solo shots. Actually, for this type of song this is pretty okay. I mean, there could have been a great story (instead of that random girl) but with this it's more classy and the members can express their emotions very good. I also like that it's almost black/ white, which again fits the song. Joon is so hot (lol), but the others look and act pretty good too. I'm especially surprised how good Seungho shows his emotions. He definetely is the core member for this song and video!
All in all this is another top release from MBLAQ. I look forward to their next one already and hope they keep up as awesome as this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment