Monday, April 6, 2015

SKE48 being risky - Kataomoi Finally

If you are following my blog you will know that I am doing a random review every year around easter. I normally have a lot of time around these days and this year it's the same. I've finished all my exams and the new semester will start tomorrow. So of course I will do it again this year and I've thought of a very interesting song and video to review, hehe. ;)

It's SKE48's Kataomoi Finally, which is definitely one of my favourite singles by the group. It was released as their 8th single on January 25th 2012.



Uuuh, I've always wanted to talk about this. It's actually the very first song of SKE48 that I listened to in late 2012! I still didn't know anyone except for wMatsui at that time, but now I obviously know everyone. If we look at the whole senbatsu only 6 are left (Jurina, Rena, Churi, Masana, Akari and Kanon). The rest all aren't in the group anymore because of the graduations or in Yuria's case because of her transfer to AKB. And I still can't believe that Airin left the group. *sigh* Popularity wise I would say SKE48 was at it's highest in 2012 until early 2013, so this was right the time when they were still saying 500,000+ in their first week (without music cards!!). They had an awesome line-up back then and were releasing awesome songs (I still love their newer songs, but yeah). So what is Kataomoi Finally like?

Well, this is a strong song with a pretty fast and serious sounding chorus. It's almost a bit aggressive has the 'I have to scream everything out' feeling for me. The verses are a bit more slower/ weaker, but they are still dramatic as well. I really love the instrumentals and the off vocal version is pretty awesome on its own. The vocals sound nice, but the lyrics are as usual about love. We have typical 'Suki nanda Kimi ga Suki nanda' lyrics in the chorus and the Kataomoi in the title already hints that the song is about an unrequited love. So it makes sense to have such a dramatic song where you want to scream out your broken feelings, though it would have also been cool if we had some even more serious lyrics there (you know, like Sekai ga naiteru nara). But anyways, this is a great song and I love everything about it!

Now it's time for the video! *excited*



At first we can see Rena lying in a green field wearing an innocent white dress.




Now we can see Rena from the back. She is walking properly, what happened to her?


Hm, now she seems normal.


She's cleaning the showers.


But what's that?


Rena: OMG!


Kumi is doing kabe-don on Kanon way before the big hype of it. XD


And here it is: the most exciting kiss ever done in a 48group (together with SuuxRion in Ambulance).


And wow, that's some serious staring there.


The song starts and here we have the dance. Front row is Churi, Jurina and Rena.
Btw, I Love the seifuku. *-*


Rena: When will I get a solo center position?


They are on a roof. Japanese groups like their 'on the roof' scenes, right?


2012 Jurina with short hair. Can't believe she was only 14..


Back when Churi was the number 3.


Wow, the dance is hardcore.


Jurina: Well, we're SKE!


Rena is still shocked about the kiss scene.
Rena: B-But my lolis...


She doesn't know that someone is watching her.


Jurina is a stalker.
Jurina: She looks nice..



Rena: I'm too awesome for this world.


A normal cafeteria.


Churi: Hey, Darling!!


Jurina: Hello, girlfriend.


Why aren't they in the group anymore? :'(


Churi is giving Jurina a necklace,


And Jurina is like: I know you love me..


Masana


Aaah, Ogi-chan..


Someone is touching someone's leg.


Rena: Whut?


Jurina: Hi there sweetie.
Wow, she looks so sassy.


Churi: Wait, is she flirting with another girl? *jealous*


Rena: I can't..


A fierce Chibi Yuria.


HAIR!!!!


Jurina and Rena on a date? Our wishes came true..
But is J giving Churi's necklace to Rena? :o


Rena: OMG, I'm so excited..
Well, you don't know where this necklase comes from. :'D


Jurina: Rena, I love you!


I like how the car crash is symbolising Rena's feelings. :D


Kumin is evil o.o



The tension..



Nice, Jurina!


This screenshot looks pretty funny. XD


So dramatic


Wow, they are so serious.


Rena in the field is standing up.


Akarin centering the row, oh yes.


We're at a party now.


Masana and Mizuki are dancing.


Yuria and Goma. Damn, they are all lesbians it seems. XD


Manatsu and Airin..


Is this a Love Hotel?


That's an old cellphone Airin. You didn't have a smartphone in 2012? xD


Interesting..


And wow, Shawako is a creepy stalker.. :o



Only mistake in this video: It's already Yuria and Kumi's part, but they are still showing Rena and Shawako here..




Oh noes, Rena cut her finger.


Churi: What a loser.


Rena: Why is my finger bleeding?


But Jurina comes to save the day and licks (!) Rena's finger. I mean, of course, why not? x'D
Wait, is Jurina a vampire?


Jurina: Your blood tastes good.
Is she a blood tester?


Rena: I won't die?
Why would you die?


Chibi Kanon. And wow, MatsuRina looks so fierce.
Dasu: But no one can beat my awesomeness!!



Probbaly Rina's biggest role in a PV.


Rina: Hey Jurina. Wanna have fun?


Jurina: Of course.



Wow, she's such a player.. :o



Rena: No.. what?



Jurina looks so evil here. o.o


Rena in the field is still standing.


Now it gets more dramatic.


Jurina is enjoying this so much. XD


Yes Kumi, scream everything out!


A party?



They are all having fun..


Churi: WAIT!
Shiori: Too much wind in my face..


Somewthing is wrong.. Dasu isn't happy. :O


Nice, Manatsu.


Churi is sad because of Jurina..


Someone doesn't look fine..



The contrast. XD



So now Jurina's two girlfriends are going to kame out?


Yeay, Rina x Akane.



SKE is awesome!




Juritan looks so cool here. *-*
And Kumi is a derp. XD



Okay, there's definitely soemthing wrong with Sawako.



I love this.


But where is Kumi?



HAHA XD


Rena is running now.


Oh, it's raining!


Jurina slaps Rena? Wait, why??


Haha, Jurina is closing her eyes before Rena's hand even touches her face.


Yes Rena, slap her!


And who's that? Still Kanon?


And here Jurina is sitting in the rain.


Churi: That's for being a bitch.


Ouch, two slaps in one evening. Well, she deserves it. :'D





Loving those centers. <3


End position. I love how everyone looks exhausted..




And Rena is running through the field.

As you could see, this video has quite an interesting story. Mostly because the members are couples. YES, it's about lesbians! The main couple is of course wMatsui. Rena plays the innocent girl and Jurina seduces her. But Rena isn't the only one, since Jurina even has TWO other lovers. A 14 year-old player, OMG. So we mostly see how wMatsui spends time with each other (and Jurina licking Rena's finger because why not) until the end where we have a slapping fight. Jurina is the loser in the end and has no one.. We also have the scenes where Rena is in a field with only a white dress. At first she's sleeping, which means she is still innocent and doesn't know anything about love. But after she meets Jurina, she slowly stands up. In the end she is running away since she is free and mature. She learned a lot in this video.
Then there are also a few side stories: First of all the KumiNon couple that shares a pretty passionate kiss in the beginning. In the end we see Kanon with that firework, so I wonder where Kumi is, but yeah. Then we have Airin and Shawako in front of the Love Hotel. Shawako is pretty creepy and in the end she kind of goes crazy.. Lastly we have a party, with a lot of couples where Jurina's two girlfriends Churi and Rina come together.
So yeah, pretty interesting, especially if you love Yuri. And I LOVE Yuri! This has been the first time a 48group had homosexual couples in a video. I'm just really happy that they are doing this and that they aren't always showing the typical girlxboy romance in the MVs! And on top of that it is wMatsui, everyone's OTP!! Who doesn't want to see Jurina seducing Rena..? XD

Like I already mentioned, this is one of my favourite SKE48 songs and the video is on par with that. It is really something special and I hope you will check it out if you haven't already. ;) Jurina will slap you if you don't do it!!!

So that's it from me. Until my next post,
Ronyan

No comments:

Post a Comment