Thursday, October 31, 2013

K-pop Wrap-up October 2013

Happy Halloween!!!!

It's finally the 31st October so take out your creepy costumes!!! Héhé..
Well, for me this years Halloween was a bit lame. I didn't do anything and I didn't see ANYONE who had a costume. -.- Well, on Oct 17 my sister and me went to the Movie Park, and there were many persons dressed as zombies and other creepy persons.


October is in general a really beautiful month. It's already fall but it isn't too cold, so you can ride the bike through the colourful nature. I had my holidays this month and I also was a week in Berlin. This was pretty cool!!

Now to the main topic.. This month in K-pop was pretty exciting. There have been a few interesting comebacks that I like to talk about. (I will also post extra posts for SHINee, T-ara and Troublemaker)

02.10 Block B - Very Good
This is indeed, VERY GOOD!! Remember that I said I needed a BANG when I wrote about ''Be the light''. Well, here it is!! This is the Block B I missed!!
''Very Good'' is a fun but at the same time a really intense song. It follows the same sheme of ''Nilili Mambo'' and ''Nanlina'' but adds a cool sound to their discography. The video is also pretty amazing as it shows the boys robbing a bank with awesome clown masks (aaawesome!!!). They have fun but don't bring any money with them. This is actually pretty cool because it shows that they just wanted to have fun!!
It reminds me a bit of Big Bang, but that isn't a bad thing!! I really like Big Bang so this is actually really cool!!
























07.10 IU - Red Shoes
Korea's little sister IU is back with the song ''The Red shoes''. I'm really happy that she's as strong as ever even after her 'scandal' and that she's showing everyone, that she's still alive! This song has a pretty retro 20's feeling with a big band playing. The verses are very mysteric and the chorus is pretty upbeat and happy in comparison.
The MV is actually very interesting. At first there is a black-white movie where IU dances, but after taking a pair of red shoes, she gets into a colourful world where she falls in love and throws away the shoes. After a dramatic race against the shoes where she is forced to dance with them she gets back into her world (or dies?). Well it's made wonderful and the scenes look really nice. I really love the contrast between the blac&white scenes and the colourful world.




























29.10 Jaejoong - Just another girl
Jaejoong is back with his first album and the title track ''Just another girl''. This song has again his typical rock-feeling he also had for ''Mine''. But this songs seems even more desperate and longing as it is a pretty sad story about his relationship.
The MV is also about that and shows a depressive atmosphere after the break-up. Jaejoong looks as good as ever, but I personally prefer him with darker hair..


























31.10 Ukiss - She's mine
Ukiss is back as a 6 member group with the song ''She's mine''. Wait.. six??
Oh, Dongho left!!! :o Well, it's pretty sad when a member leaves a group, but if he doesn't want to do it anymore we have to respect his decision..
Anyways, back to the song. This song begins differently from other Ukiss songs. It's heavily concentrated on the rap parts in the beginning and has a similiar fun tone as ''Knock out'' by GD&TOP. But the chorus has the relaxing Ukiss sound that matches so good with Kevins voice. It's an interesting mix of sounds and it feels really relaxing. It's not that overwhelming, but it's a nice song to listen to.
The video is funny. It's mostly black&white with a few colourful elements and interesting extras. The dance is cool and everyone looks good! (AJ is totally rocking the Video)






















Other News
Except for Dongho's departure from UKiss there has also been another person who was rumored to leave her group: Kara's Nicole.


There has a big confusion about the topic and no one knew if it was right, but she definetely doesn't want to renew her contract with DSP media. Which doesn't excactly mean that she wants to leave Kara, no she even said she loves her group and wants to continue being with them.
She didn't really clarifie it, so I hope she stays there! Nicole is actually my favourite member of Kara and now I am really sad I didn't write a big review about ''Damaged Lady''. Well, let's see how this will go on.. ;)
Jiyoung may be focusing on studies, so she's also rumored to leave the group..
So much confusion.. At least for now, they are both staying in the group!!

No comments:

Post a Comment