Sunday, August 4, 2013

Brown Eyed Girls try to kill each other

 
After almost 2 years since their last release Brown Eyed Girls are FINALLY back with their new album ''Black Box''. Even though they aren't as young and succesful as Girls Generation, they still have some big hits so we can count them as one of Korea's top girl groups. Hell, Psy used their Abracadabra for his song ''Gentlemen'' and had Gain as his main girl dancer (you can read about it here). I really respect and appreciate this group and I'm always excited when once in a while they release a song(well, Sixth Sense was my first song, and it was aaaweeesome). I always turn into a fan again when they come back...
 

Anyways, let's talk about their new title track ''Kill Bill'' now.
First: As you can guess already, Kill Bill isn't just a random title. Yep, they used the film as their concept! I actually never watched the film, so I can't tell if it's similiar (but the comments on the internet say it is).
Second (fangirling): The song is freaking awesome and I'm sooo happy they are back!!
*cough* Sorry, but it's true.

The song begins with a whistle, similiar to the whistle in the movie (tthanks to some fans who pointed it out in the comments) and only guitars in the background but turns into an electropop song very fast. Of course it's very sexy and higlights the brilliant voices of Gain, Narsha and JeA. Miryo's rap is also pretty cool and fits the rest of the song. I also really like her ''Don't you wanna kill me?'' parts. The brigde is one of the best parts od the whole song and is very sexy and seductive. But the song in a whole is also pretty badass and straight forward. It sounds mature and different from many other k-pop songs. It's not as meaningfull and powerful as ''Sixth Sense'' but it's still pretty good and until now one of the best korean songs this year (in my opinion).
About the dance, I  can only say that it's pretty sexy! But yeah, it's good.. These women can dance..

About the video. Oooh, the video. Of course I made screen shots of it and you can see them in all their glory:


It begins with one of the girls. We will find out who it is in a second.. ;)


Her tatoo is very pretty and looks a bit Japanese *-*


So she writes on the back of a men and it says, he's Bill.


It's Narsha.. Wohoooo..


Oh, there's JeA under the bed.. How creepy.


Okay, so she has a dangerous spider there.. She wants to kill someone? xP


And Gain comes with a pistol and shocks everyone. Is this her wedding or what?


Anyways, why did she shot JeA's eye?


Oh right, she killed Bill?


It already happened...


Narsha isn't about that..


Narsha: DIE!!


Oh no, she killed Gain.. Look at the shock in her eyes :(


BOOM! Who was that?


Well, that someone killed Narsha..


It's Miryo! Oh yeah, the badass women..


No, the spider is still there.. She won't die because od this, right?


Woops, she does..


That's it.. Everyone is dead... End of the story ;)


No wait, it goes on.. 4 years later..


JeA is now a whisteling nurse.. Wait, why did she survive?


Anyways, nice weather...


Oh, who is that?


It's Gain. So she's also alive?


I guess she has an evil revenge plan in mind.


A western photo of BEG.


Aaaah, the song and Dance Begins.. Nice Background dancers ;)


They must be pretty happy to do this! xD


Gain! :O



She's sexy! :'D


So what's this? Left picture Gain and right one JeA?


JeA and Narsha. Yep this looks pretty western. Especially the background dancers..


I was right, it's JeA. Oh wait, it's Bloody Blue Spider!
Because she had the spider at the beinning?
I rather just call her Jea.


Jea: But Bloody Blue Spider sounds so much more badass!!!
Well, I don ca~aree..


Well, it's Gain..


Sexy Dance: check
Self touching: check
What else to expect from them?


Narshaaaa.. She's so cool!


Gain woke up (but what's nurse Jea doing there?)


Gain = Mack the Knife.
Oh come on....


Jea: Why don't you like our codenames?
Because they are ridiculous!


Hm, the chorus dance isn't as good as the dance before..


Huh? Why is she injecting it in herself?



Narsha, japanese women :D

 

Sorry, I've never done this before...


Wah, poor Miryo.. Will she be buried alive? (Narsha's revenge)


Narsha: S-A-K-U-R-A
HAH! Japanese ;)


Miryo: Guns n' Roses
Because of her gun? Ookayy..



Sexy Gain.


She even looks good in a wheelchair (with less Eyeliner).


Badass rap!
And I love her long hair..


Jea waiting for her pray...


... like a boss!


Gain tries to come out of the wheelchair?



Narsha: What's that?


Someone tries to fight her..


It's Gain. Yeay, she can walk again!


Sexy Narsha.


Gain: You killed me!!


Narsha: Oh I'm not sorry, but you killed Bill!



And they fight..


The Bridge: best part of the song ;)


Uhm, Gain, we already know you like to touch yourself...


Narsha!!!



Woops, they found Jea.




Awesome Miryo rap!


How did she..? Okay everything in this video is so unrealistic..


Diva walk!


J, G & N: We know we're awesome!


NO! Someone shot Narsha!


And again, it's Miryo with her gun!
I mean Guns n' Roses.. ;)


Gain is confused.
I wanted to kill her!



Mack the Knife in action..


Poor Miryo.


Gain: Hah!


Miryo dies..


Gain dies... (I guess she lost all her strength through the fight.)


Jea: Muahahaha, everything worked. They are all dead now!


Narsha: No, I can still kill you, before I die!


Oops... LOL


Everyone is dead!

Oooookay. Soo I think, this video is pretty good. At first it's confusing and it's pretty unrealistic, but I guess the film is the same?
I really like the different characters from the girls and I think they protraied them very good (especially Jea). Together with the music it's also very good even though I sometimes prefer to listen to the song without the video more..

Anyways, this is a pretty good comeback, the best of July, if not the best of the whole year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment